Helijet International Inc. (“Helijet”) based in Richmond, B.C. Canada has entered into a Letter of Intent for the procurement and supply of up to six (6) newer model Sikorsky S-76C++ helicopters with PHI, Inc. (“PHI”) based in Lafayette, Louisiana, USA.
The companies have signed definitive agreements for the delivery and acceptance of the first three Sikorsky S-76C++ helicopters which will be prepared at PHI’s Lafayette maintenance facilities for delivery to Helijet during the first and second quarters of 2018.
PHI will tailor the aircraft to Helijet’s specifications, including a complete re-paint to company livery, avionics changes, and selected aircraft operating equipment prior to being added to Helijet’s fleet for scheduled and general charter operating services in Canada. Helijet will redesign and refurbish the 12-passenger cabin interiors of the three aircraft.
Additional aircraft deliveries will be subject to respective Company board approvals.
Danny Sitnam, Helijet’s CEO stated: “Helijet has been planning its aircraft fleet expansion and upgrade for the past 24 months, and is now committed to bringing in newer, more advanced technology to the communities it serves. We are very pleased that we can accomplish this initiative in concert with an aviation world leader such as PHI.”
PHI’s Chief Commercial Officer, Dave Stepanek expressed: “It is an absolute pleasure to work with Danny and his team. Their long history operating the S-76 with an excellent passenger service operation makes participating in this fleet upgrade even more exciting. We know the level of professionalism at Helijet and know they will maintain and operate our S-76C++s to the highest industry standards.”
Helijet and PHI are long-standing and experienced air operators utilizing the Sikorsky family of helicopters and will continue to work collaboratively to better accommodate their respective fleet rationalization in the ever-changing market place.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet