Helijet International Inc. (“Helijet”) based in Richmond, B.C. Canada has entered into a Letter of Intent for the procurement and supply of up to six (6) newer model Sikorsky S-76C++ helicopters with PHI, Inc. (“PHI”) based in Lafayette, Louisiana, USA.
The companies have signed definitive agreements for the delivery and acceptance of the first three Sikorsky S-76C++ helicopters which will be prepared at PHI’s Lafayette maintenance facilities for delivery to Helijet during the first and second quarters of 2018.
PHI will tailor the aircraft to Helijet’s specifications, including a complete re-paint to company livery, avionics changes, and selected aircraft operating equipment prior to being added to Helijet’s fleet for scheduled and general charter operating services in Canada. Helijet will redesign and refurbish the 12-passenger cabin interiors of the three aircraft.
Additional aircraft deliveries will be subject to respective Company board approvals.
Danny Sitnam, Helijet’s CEO stated: “Helijet has been planning its aircraft fleet expansion and upgrade for the past 24 months, and is now committed to bringing in newer, more advanced technology to the communities it serves. We are very pleased that we can accomplish this initiative in concert with an aviation world leader such as PHI.”
PHI’s Chief Commercial Officer, Dave Stepanek expressed: “It is an absolute pleasure to work with Danny and his team. Their long history operating the S-76 with an excellent passenger service operation makes participating in this fleet upgrade even more exciting. We know the level of professionalism at Helijet and know they will maintain and operate our S-76C++s to the highest industry standards.”
Helijet and PHI are long-standing and experienced air operators utilizing the Sikorsky family of helicopters and will continue to work collaboratively to better accommodate their respective fleet rationalization in the ever-changing market place.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024