ForeFlight co-founders Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller will be presented with the Aviation Entrepreneur of the Year Award during the 15th Annual Living Legends of Aviation award ceremony, an event that honors individuals who have made significant contributions to aviation. The ceremony, hosted by John Travolta and Harrison Ford, will be held January 19, 2018 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.
In 2007, Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller started ForeFlight with one guiding mission: to create software that made flight planning easier. Today, ForeFlight has not only revolutionized the pilot’s flight bag but also serves the needs of pilots and flight departments all over the world across all segments of aviation including personal, business, military, commercial, and education.
Mark Baker, President and CEO of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association and 2017 Living Legends Hall of Fame inductee, echoes the thoughts of many long-time ForeFlight customers, “Innovation is an important part of growing the pilot population and improving safety. We are pleased to see companies like ForeFlight taking advantage of cost-effective solutions, such as tablet computers, to improve all types of aviation. It’s rewarding to see Tyson and Jason receive this well-deserved recognition.”
“ForeFlight has been an incredible adventure. It is deeply satisfying and the thrill of a lifetime to have put together a team that has built such an amazing product that our customers love – for that, we will be forever thankful.” – Tyson Weihs, ForeFlight co-founder and CEO.
The “Living Legends of Aviation Awards” are produced by the Kiddie Hawk Air Academy, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to educate children about and spark their interest in aviation. This year’s event is dedicated to the memory of astronaut Gene Cernan. Other honorees include General Jack Dailey, retiring director of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for 17 years, and United States Senator Jim Inhofe, the only member of the Senate to fly around the world. A full list of award recipients can be found at livinglegendsofaviation.org.
A short video about Tyson and Jason that will be shown at the Living Legends ceremony can be viewed here.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet