The rapid response emergency service won the 2017 Air Ambulance Service Award at a glittering event at the Grange Hotel, London.
The Health Business Awards recognise and celebrate the significant contributions made each year by organisations and individuals that work inside and alongside the NHS. They were presented by broadcaster, journalist and physician Dr Phil Hammond.
Yorkshire Air Ambulance serves five million people across Yorkshire and carries out over 1,250 missions every year and needs to raise £12,000 every day to keep saving lives.
Over the last 12 months, the charity has fully brought into service two, new state-of-the-art Airbus H145
helicopters, which carry the latest generation of medical equipment.
The YAA has also introduced extended night flying hours and started carrying blood on board for the first time enabling critically injured patients to receive transfusions at the scene of accidents or in the air.
Abby Barmby, YAA Director of Marketing and Communications, said: “2017 was a major year for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and we are delighted that our achievements as a service have been recognised with this prestigious award.
“For us, this success reinforces our commitment to providing the best possible Air Ambulance service to the people of Yorkshire and it’s visitors. We really are very humbled to have been given this award.”
Photo caption: Yorkshire Air Ambulance Director of Marketing and Communications Abby Barmby (centre) and Marketing and Communications Manager Olivia Johnson receive the Air Ambulance Service Award at the Health Business Awards from Dr Phil Hammond.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director