The rapid response emergency service won the 2017 Air Ambulance Service Award at a glittering event at the Grange Hotel, London.
The Health Business Awards recognise and celebrate the significant contributions made each year by organisations and individuals that work inside and alongside the NHS. They were presented by broadcaster, journalist and physician Dr Phil Hammond.
Yorkshire Air Ambulance serves five million people across Yorkshire and carries out over 1,250 missions every year and needs to raise £12,000 every day to keep saving lives.
Over the last 12 months, the charity has fully brought into service two, new state-of-the-art Airbus H145
helicopters, which carry the latest generation of medical equipment.
The YAA has also introduced extended night flying hours and started carrying blood on board for the first time enabling critically injured patients to receive transfusions at the scene of accidents or in the air.
Abby Barmby, YAA Director of Marketing and Communications, said: “2017 was a major year for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and we are delighted that our achievements as a service have been recognised with this prestigious award.
“For us, this success reinforces our commitment to providing the best possible Air Ambulance service to the people of Yorkshire and it’s visitors. We really are very humbled to have been given this award.”
Photo caption: Yorkshire Air Ambulance Director of Marketing and Communications Abby Barmby (centre) and Marketing and Communications Manager Olivia Johnson receive the Air Ambulance Service Award at the Health Business Awards from Dr Phil Hammond.
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham