Falcon Aviation and Leonardo Helicopters partner for new helicopter offshore and onshore contract for Kuwait Oil Company
Falcon Aviation, one of the UAE’s leading aviation company specialising in business aviation services, charter and aircraft management, confirmed today (17th January 2018) at the Kuwait Aviation Show that three new Leonardo AW169 helicopters (signed for at the recent Dubai Airshow) will be deployed on a five-year contract with The Kuwait Oil Company (KOC). The helicopters will perform onshore and offshore Oil & Gas operations.
With this debut in Kuwait, marks a significant expansion for Falcon Aviation, which will be adding additional personnel in Kuwait, including offshore pilots and supportive administration personnel, plus line and base engineers to start the contract. The first two AW169s will arrive in March and the third in April 2018.
Emilio Dalmasso, SVP Commercial Business Unit, Leonardo Helicopters said: “We congratulate Falcon Aviation Services on this major achievement and are proud to contribute with additional AW169s to meet the operational requirement. The new contract builds on our successful 10-year partnership including Falcon’s commitment as launch customer of the AW169 in the Middle East. We are convinced the Kuwait Oil Company will significantly benefit from the capabilities, versatility and safety of this new generation helicopter, along with the great service and operational expertise of Falcon Aviation.”
“This is a significant strategic contract for us, it was a strong international competition and fortunately we won the contract, which takes us into Kuwait for the first time,” said Falcon Aviation COO Captain Raman Oberoi. “We see a unique opportunity to provide safe and reliable services to KOC. We will work together to build a sustainable oil & gas aviation support services increase efficiency and productivity,” he added.
MRO expansion into Kuwait
Falcon Aviation will establish all the required infrastructure, including the building of a brand new hangar to house the three Leonardo AW169s and create facilities to carry out line and base maintenance on the type.
“The KOC contract specified two helicopters, but Falcon Aviation added a third helicopter as backup to provide continuous services,” noted Nicolas Tejera, Director of Maintenance, who is expanding Falcon Aviation’s rotary MRO team, by recruiting helicopter engineers for the project. “It is an honor to win this contract and we are excited to be entering into this new project in the new territory of Kuwait with Leonardo. We know and understand the aircraft well and have enjoyed excellent customer satisfaction with the AW169 since introducing the type with TOTAL in ABK Field, UAE in January 2016,” he added.
Falcon Aviation is the lead aircraft operator of the AW169 worldwide and confident of its suitability to provide reliable services to KOC for its offshore and onshore requirements.
The AW169 is a modern, multi mission twin-engine class A performance helicopter, renowned for its superior performance and safety standards and featuring 8/10-seat passenger layout.
Falcon Aviation to participate at Kuwait Aviation Show
Falcon Aviation will be in Kuwait next week, participating at the Kuwait Aviation Show. (17th to 20th January) Stand B24. “I am very much looking forward to our expansion here, with this vitally important contract and beyond,” he concluded.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight