The Great North Air Ambulance Service (GNAAS) has submitted plans for an upgrade to its Cumbrian airbase.
The charity is hoping to extend its base at Langwathby, near Penrith, to include space for research and training as well as providing essential facilities for its operational aircrew.
Plans have been submitted to Eden District Council for the replacement of GNAAS’ existing modular units with new ones measuring 22m x 6m.
GNAAS is the only air ambulance based in the county and Grahame Pickering MBE, the charity’s chief executive, said these plans were in part responding to the continued demand for the organisation’s services.
He said: “The people of Cumbria have taken this air ambulance to their heart, and as long as they continue to support us we want to be based here in the centre of the county, ready to respond 365 days a year.
“We attended 354 incidents in Cumbria alone during the last financial year, so it’s vital that we are able to offer our expert clinicians and pilots a base that allows them to develop their skills, to welcome visitors and to catch up on their other project work between these high-intensity missions. We believe this facility will allow us to do that.”
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)