Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 UAS (Unmanned Air System) proved its suitability for search and rescue missions as part of an ongoing homicide investigation in Stiwoll, Austria, in late 2017.
In the first operation of its kind, Schiebel provided Austrian law enforcement with a CAMCOPTER® S-100 and operating personnel to assist in the search for a double homicide suspect assumed to be hiding in a forest region. Compared to manned helicopters, the S-100 offers a more cost- and mission-effective solution for conducting such exploration tasks. Its endurance of up to six hours within a 200-km radius provides the S-100 with enhanced operational capability that enables substantially extended search flight missions. This unique unmanned system permits operatives to systematically cover larger areas and gather crucial intelligence in the form of real-time day and night electro-optical / infrared video footage in less time.
The ability to collect and analyze imagery simultaneously in a controlled environment on the ground presents another mission-critical advantage. Such a setting is far more conducive for effective analysis and target pick-up than on board a helicopter and considerably improves the probability of successful detection. The S-100’s small logistical footprint as well as its rapid deployment and ease of operation further add to the suitability of the UAS for search and rescue missions.
“This is a prime example for the potential civil use of a UAS such as the S-100,” said Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group. “Of course we gave our full support to the special investigative team in its efforts to conduct a rapid and efficient search of wide rural areas and bring this case to a successful conclusion.”
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director