Subaru Corporation today celebrated the completion of a new facility that will be utilized for the maintenance of the next-generation utility helicopter (the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force UH-X*1) and the new commercial variant of the 412EPI*2 helicopter at its Aerospace Company Utsunomiya Plant, Tochigi Prefecture.
The Aerospace Company conducts periodical maintenance, repair and overhaul on approximately 100 aircraft annually, including the UH-1J utility helicopter and other aircraft for the Japan Ground, Maritime and Air Self Defense Forces as well as helicopters for the Japan Coast Guard, central and local governments such as fire departments and police departments. With the completion of this new facility having floor area of approximately 3,700 m2, the Aerospace Company intends to increase its maintenance capacity by 30%, i.e. 130 aircraft per year.
In this next-generation helicopter business, Subaru plans to enhance the production infrastructure and to contribute to further promoting the aerospace industry, through collaboration with foreign and domestic partners and suppliers, including those in the Tochigi region.
As a company of the aviation industry located in the ”Greater Tokyo” area, Subaru aims to continue to grow by maintaining and enhancing the trust of customers and also by partnering together with local communities.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit