Frasca International has launched a new, lower priced Helicopter Training Device (HTD). The HTD™ is designed for helicopter air ambulance providers, airborne law enforcement, introductory turbine transition training, and ab-initio flight schools. Frasca will display the HTD™ at their booth (N3909) at Heli-Expo, February 27-March 1 in Las Vegas.
Frasca, a flight simulator manufacturer well known for their high fidelity flight training devices (FTDs) and full flight simulators (FFSs), developed the HTD™ in response to customer demand for a helicopter training device that had a lower price point but still delivered the features required to meet their training objectives.
The Frasca HTD™ comes standard with one aircraft configuration kit (B206, B407, R44, AS350), Garmin G500H or analog instrument panel, Garmin GTN 650, Collective grip based on aircraft configuration kit (governed or ungoverned piston, modulated, or FADEC), annunciator Panel and Circuit Breakers required in RFM procedures, Frasca’s Helicopter Mission Training Database, Single Channel Visual System, Frasca’s Simplicity™ Touch-Screen Instructor Station (IOS) and will be AATD qualified.
Additional aircraft kits can be purchased to add training value, and optional features include:
•3 channel visual display system
•Trailer for mobility or self-contained facility
Frasca designed the HTD™ for IIMC – inadvertant IMC encounters as well as operational and procedural training. The HTD was engineered using aerodynamic technology filtered down from the FFSs and FTDs Frasca is known for, with the goal of providing training value with a no-nonsense approach. The first launch customer for the Frasca HTD™ is Air Evac Lifeteam, who have taken delivery of seven B206 HTDs earlier this year. Six of the devices are housed in trailers for the option of mobile training.
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management
- Jämtlandsflyg to seize operations
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute GPMS HUMS for 407 i
- FAA Establishes Restrictions on Drone Operations over DOJ and DOD Facilities
- ESG offering Smart Mission Display for helicopters and mission aircraft
- Rosoboronexport Ready to Expand Cooperation
- Kopter Group will exhibit its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2019
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 27,000th mission
- Airbus eDynamic troubleshooting tool
- Airbus Keycopter at Heli-Expo 2019
- 8 Golden Rules About Weather and Helicopter Flights
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces Facility Relocation and Expansion
- New Trustee for Taranaki Rescue Helicopter Trust
- UK EMS charities invited to bid for share of £10m funding
- Israel orders seven Leonardo AW119Kx trainers to replace Bell 206s
- Boeing Awarded $13M Contract for Qatar Armed Forces AH-64E Support
- Leonardo opens a new facility in Pisa
- 17-Feb-19 LN-ORH Robinson R44 Røldal, Norway (2F)
- 17-Feb-19 ZK- Airbus AS350 Nelson, New Zealand
- DART gets TCCA approval for its improved H130 Emergency Flotation System