Air Total has been awarded a 2 year Jet A-1 Contract with Wiking Helicopters to commence in January 2018 to work on the Galloper Wind Farm project. Managed by Innogy SE on behalf of the other partners the project will generate enough power for up to 380,700 homes. Around 700 UK jobs are being created during the construction of the wind farm, and 90 long-term east coast jobs will be created, once it is operational.
Total will supply Wiking with Jet A-1 as well as providing a fully self bunded refuelling tank with pumps that allow Wiking to fuel their aircraft and support a number of offshore customers with personnel and material. As part of this contract Total will assist with practical and fuel quality control training to ensure that Wiking Helicopters are flying their missions as safely as possible.
Since its founding in August 1975, Wiking has flown more than 112,000 flight hours accident-free, mostly in missions in the sea and coastal areas of the North Sea. In addition to supplying offshore facilities, more than 55,000 flights were carried out accident-free in the Seelotsenversetzdienst.
Since the beginning of the first construction activities of offshore wind farms, Wiking has been carrying out supply flights and crew changes in the North Sea
“One of the Total group’s aims is to be the Responsible Energy Major so it made perfect sense for us to support this project and was important for us to do so” Ben Marchant, General Aviation Manager at Total UK
The contract means that Air Total will continue to work closely with Wiking in areas such as fuel quality and standards, as well as ensuring security of supply to ensure the risk of fuel shortage at the site is completely minimised.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet