Advanced Torque Products (ATP) of Newington, CT has been working hard with Airbus to improve the torquing method of the mast nut on the EC145. And they’re excited to announce this custom tooling kit is now available to anyone working on the EC145 mast nut.
This tooling was developed working directly with maintenance professionals in the Airbus training facility to assure it met all the needs of the tool operators. The purpose in developing this alternate tooling was to address current complexities. Some of the issues maintenance professionals were facing was working with heavy tooling upside-down and having limited visibility through the reaction stand, which have proven to be a significant challenge working on the EC145. Without an appropriate mechanism in place to lock the tool in position from underneath, stability and alignment has been lost and accuracy put at risk.
The new ATP760 tooling has addressed all the issues with the current method. The ATP760 drastically reduces application time, increases accuracy to within +/-1%, takes away operator fatigue from holding the tool in place and increases overall operator safety.
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19