Advanced Torque Products (ATP) of Newington, CT has been working hard with Airbus to improve the torquing method of the mast nut on the EC145. And they’re excited to announce this custom tooling kit is now available to anyone working on the EC145 mast nut.
This tooling was developed working directly with maintenance professionals in the Airbus training facility to assure it met all the needs of the tool operators. The purpose in developing this alternate tooling was to address current complexities. Some of the issues maintenance professionals were facing was working with heavy tooling upside-down and having limited visibility through the reaction stand, which have proven to be a significant challenge working on the EC145. Without an appropriate mechanism in place to lock the tool in position from underneath, stability and alignment has been lost and accuracy put at risk.
The new ATP760 tooling has addressed all the issues with the current method. The ATP760 drastically reduces application time, increases accuracy to within +/-1%, takes away operator fatigue from holding the tool in place and increases overall operator safety.
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH