The National Business Aviation Association’s Young Professionals in Business Aviation (NBAA YoPro) announced it is accepting nominations for its first Business Aviation Top 40 Under 40, which will recognize the accomplishments of the industry’s next generation of leaders.
Through June 30, peers and supervisors may nominate individuals online in one of eight categories:
- Airport Business
- Business Management
- Cabin Attendants
Nominees will be vetted for their professional achievements, industry involvement, character attributes and passion for business aviation. All winners will be announced at the 2018 NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE), Oct. 16-18 in Orlando, FL, as well as in the association’s Business Aviation Insider magazine and other media channels.
“Young professionals are making invaluable contributions to business aviation every day, and the Top 40 Under 40 will shine a light on these critical efforts,” said YoPro founder Sierra Grimes, NBAA’s manager of registration and staff liaison to the association’s YoPro Council. “We couldn’t be more proud to share these accomplished individuals’ stories with the aviation community.”
Taking place at a time when business aviation is working to develop its future workforce, the Top 40 Under 40 celebrates individuals who have demonstrated commitment to the industry, and also highlights the wide array of business aviation jobs available to young professionals.
“These awards speak to a fundamental truth: an industry is only as good as its personnel, and we’re lucky to have the best in the world,” said NBAA President and CEO Ed Bolen. “Business aviation offers remarkable opportunities for young people to build satisfying careers, and the important work being done by the YoPro Council helps spread that message across the country.”
YoPro has been in existence since 2014, hosting high-profile networking events and educational opportunities at events such as NBAA-BACE, the NBAA Schedulers and Dispatchers Conference (SDC) and the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE). The YoPro Council, which oversees the group’s events and initiatives, is made up of young professionals in a variety of career paths, including pilots, charter brokers, FBO managers and more. Learn more about NBAA’s YoPro initiative.
The Business Aviation Top 40 Under 40 marks a milestone for the group, which is collaborating with AMT and Airport Business Magazine to recognize winners in the maintenance and airport business categories.
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted