Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the delivery of two Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters to Asian Aviation Resources Pte. Ltd. in Cambodia.
One of the helicopters, which will be operated by Helicopters Cambodia, will be used to facilitate the United States Department of Defense’s Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) in their efforts to find missing US military personnel in Southeast Asia. The other helicopter will be used for tourism related charters.
“We are proud to play a role in the US DPAA’s noble mission to reunite missing United States military personnel with their families and to give an account to the nation. Once again, our thoughts and gratitude go out to all the families who have made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom we as Americans enjoy today,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director of Bell Helicopter Asia Pacific. “We look forward to working with the DPAA and Helicopters Cambodia to ensure the success of both the DPAA and Helicopters Cambodia’s missions throughout Southeast Asia and beyond.”
The reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 is integrated with a flat floor, open cabin that is configurable for a wide variety of missions and payloads. The spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quick disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment lets the Bell 505 adapt to the ever-changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics