Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today it has signed a purchase agreement with both Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and its subsidiary, Northern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH North), for two Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters.
“As the first Bell commercial helicopter sale in Vietnam, we are pleased that Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and VNH North have chosen the Bell 505 for their operations in Vietnam and beyond,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director of Bell Helicopter Asia Pacific. “The Bell 505 incorporates the latest advancements in safety and aviation technology while providing best-in-class value. We look forward to working closely and supporting both Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and VNH North as they expand their business to new territories and customers.”
Vietnam Helicopter Corporation, a state-owned helicopter operator and its subsidiary VNH North operate a fleet of modern helicopters providing utility and transport services across a number of industries such as oil and gas, tourism, air ambulance, search and rescue and VIP transportation. Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and its subsidiaries also provide pilot training and maintenance, repair and overhaul services.
“We are confident that the versatility and state-of-the-art technology in the new Bell 505 will enable us to continue to serve our customers across many industries in a safe, reliable and efficient manner and support the expansion our business globally,” said Capt. Do Xuan Hoa, director of VNH North.
The reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 is integrated with a flat floor, open cabin that is configurable for a wide variety of missions and payloads. The spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quick disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment lets the Bell 505 adapt to your changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- Leonardo extends training capabilities to rotorcraft UAS
- CBE+ has been selected by OEM Leonardo
- COVID-19 – AOPA backs emergency airport funding to fight coronavirus impact
- Queensland Police Bo105 passes 10,000 hours
- RACQ LifeFlight open new aeromedical base at Bundaberg
- COVID-19 – Italian Air Force HH-101A used for bioncontainment transport
- Optima Aero becomes a Transport Canada Approved Maintenance Organisation