Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today it has signed a purchase agreement with both Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and its subsidiary, Northern Vietnam Helicopter Company (VNH North), for two Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters.
“As the first Bell commercial helicopter sale in Vietnam, we are pleased that Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and VNH North have chosen the Bell 505 for their operations in Vietnam and beyond,” said Sameer A. Rehman, managing director of Bell Helicopter Asia Pacific. “The Bell 505 incorporates the latest advancements in safety and aviation technology while providing best-in-class value. We look forward to working closely and supporting both Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and VNH North as they expand their business to new territories and customers.”
Vietnam Helicopter Corporation, a state-owned helicopter operator and its subsidiary VNH North operate a fleet of modern helicopters providing utility and transport services across a number of industries such as oil and gas, tourism, air ambulance, search and rescue and VIP transportation. Vietnam Helicopter Corporation and its subsidiaries also provide pilot training and maintenance, repair and overhaul services.
“We are confident that the versatility and state-of-the-art technology in the new Bell 505 will enable us to continue to serve our customers across many industries in a safe, reliable and efficient manner and support the expansion our business globally,” said Capt. Do Xuan Hoa, director of VNH North.
The reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 is integrated with a flat floor, open cabin that is configurable for a wide variety of missions and payloads. The spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quick disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment lets the Bell 505 adapt to your changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- HeloAir appoints new Chief Pilot
- Bell teams with Sumitomo Corp and Japan Airlines to explore Air Mobility
- Airbus Helicopters replaces Keycopter platform with AirbusWorld
- Austrian innovation extends Airbus Helicopters product range
- Bristow Announces Contract Extensions with ConocoPhillips