Alyssum Group has acquired leading aviation services company RocketRoute as part of its long-term strategy to transform the entire private aviation industry.
Specifically, RocketRoute’s best-in-class technology platforms FlightPlan and MarketPlace – delivering innovative flight-planning, fuel and concierge services – will be integrated into a connected digital marketplace that Alyssum Group, owner of global jet charter marketplace Victor, will create to seamlessly and transparently service all within private aviation. This includes customers, charter brokers, operators and suppliers.
Victor’s own customers and operator clients immediately stand to benefit. By harnessing RocketRoute’s dynamic industry data and services, Victor – with whom RocketRoute announced a strategic partnership last November – will be empowered to provide an even higher level of service in the jet charter space, boosting organic growth and innovation. Victor’s travel platform will also significantly improve the efficiency of business operations for its suppliers – advancement on an unprecedented scale within the sector.
Both RocketRoute and Victor have ongoing relationships with Air BP and have previously benefitted from strategic investments made by BP’s venturing business BP Ventures. The investments have supported Air BP’s goal to promote efficiency and growth in general and business aviation.
RocketRoute launched MarketPlace with Air BP last year, an enhanced app taking the former’s service offering beyond fuel and flight-planning. MarketPlace lets pilots and dispatchers quickly source and connect directly with thousands of ground handlers, efficiently.
The acquisition of RocketRoute by Alyssum Group now provides the opportunity to expand and evolve MarketPlace. The platform, complementing the ongoing development of FlightPlan, will be opened up to attract a wider range of service providers beyond existing key supplier Air BP, and will actively seek other complementary FBOs and aviation providers around the world, ensuring flights take-off more third-party partnerships and arrangements to ensure a full service offering at any location.
Bringing together offerings from flight sales through to flight-planning and dispatch creates a smart and comprehensive solution especially appealing to larger operators. These consolidating developments, in addition to RocketRoute’s productive, data-driven collaboration with Victor, will work towards Alyssum Group’s overarching strategic objectives.
Clive Jackson, Alyssum Group, Founder & CEO, said: “Backed by key strategic investors, and having already now completed the first stage of our acquisitive strategy, Alyssum Group is dictating a new phase of consolidation in our industry. This will help raise business standards across the sector, encourage innovation and boost growth; all of which stands to benefit our various customers, partners and providers. I warmly welcome RocketRoute to the fold. They share our vision to transform the way our sector operates. I look forward to working with them.”
Uwe Nitsche, RocketRoute, CEO, said: “Joining Alyssum Group is a fantastic step forward, providing the perfect platform for RocketRoute to achieve its next phase of growth. It will allow us to extend our impressive digital platform and more efficiently integrate RocketRoute services across the value chain, leading over time to an unparalleled services suite to the general and business aviation industry. The RocketRoute team is hugely excited about this opportunity and what it means for our customers, and I would like to thank them all for their efforts in helping us to achieve this milestone.”
Kurt Lyall, RocketRoute, Co-Founder, said: “Through MarketPlace we are now open for business to work with more service providers and aviation software companies. We are on a new, faster heading towards our goal of a digitally-driven industry – delivering greater levels of business but with reduced operating costs for operators and service providers alike.”
Jon Platt, Air BP, CEO, said: “Digital technologies are playing a vital role in transforming the business aviation sector. Bringing RocketRoute together with Victor, Alyssum Group can now help accelerate the automation of the entire value chain from consumer to charter jet operator to fuel and service suppliers, enabling improved service and value.”
News of the acquisition follows Victor’s announcement last week of an additional $18m fundraise, led by BBA Aviation, BP Ventures and existing shareholders. This has enabled the creation of the London-headquartered Alyssum Group, with Victor Founder & CEO Clive Jackson appointed Group CEO.
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics