Evonik is participating in the HAI HELI-EXPO between February 27 and March 1, 2018 as a full-service provider of cast and stretched PLEXIGLAS® and versatile EUROPLEX® for the aviation industry.
At booth 3144, Evonik will be presenting for the first time a UV-IR blocker for aircraft glazing. This additive for cast PLEXIGLAS® sheets prevents penetration of UV and infrared radiation into the cabin, thus reducing the health hazards associated with this radiation. The blocker can be produced in any color.
Stretched PLEXIGLAS® sheets can also be used in helicopters, where they offer an additional weight advantage. They also have higher impact resistance and chemical resistance than cast materials.
Evonik offers four grades of PLEXIGLAS® sheets that are certified for aviation, which can be customized to individual specifications. The Essen-based specialty chemicals group produces the branded acrylic from polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), an extremely weathering-resistant material of high optical quality and low weight.
The F series of EUROPLEX® sheeting, on the other hand, is based on flame-retardant polycarbonate. It is therefore especially suited for production of small molded parts in the aircraft interior. Also on offer are EUROPLEX® sheets based on polyphenylsulfone (PPSU) with significantly superior fire-protection properties.
EUROPLEX® GV sheets, based on a glass fiber reinforced polycarbonate, are suitable for applications such as helicopter bodywork elements, where rigidity and impact resistance are important.
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden