Kopter Group AG today announced the appointment of Larry D. Roberts as senior vice president, U.S. Business Development responsible for the sales, marketing of the SH09 single-engine turbine helicopter in North America. Mr. Roberts will be based in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas.
Roberts has been involved in the U.S. commercial helicopter industry for the past 20 years working in executive capacities at both American Eurocopter Corporation (AEC, now Airbus Helicopters Inc) and Bell Helicopter, Fort Worth, Texas. While at AEC Roberts simultaneously served as director of U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Development for EADS North America.
“Larry has clearly been a force in shaping the U.S. helicopter market”, said Christian Gras, Executive Vice President Customers for Kopter Group AG. I’m confident that, with his experience and commitment to the industry, he will enhance the company’s ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our commercial customers.
Prior to entering the commercial helicopter market in 1997, Roberts had served as captain of criminal investigations for the Citrus County, Fla. Sheriff’s Department from August 1996 to October 1997 and as patrolman and watch commander with the Gainesville, Fla. Police Department for the preceding 13 years. He was a founding member of the Gainesville Police helicopter unit, which provided air support for ground operations of both agencies.
Roberts holds U.S. FAA licenses and ratings as a single- and twin-engine commercial pilot and rotorcraft instructor. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Florida.
- Survitec launches new Emergency Breathing System for helicopter ops
- Man charged after UK police helicopter struck by laser
- EASA Rotorcraft Symposium – technical publications now available
- US Army studies eVTOL acoustics in the quest for silent helicopters
- Bell Wins Popular Science “Best of What’s New in Aerospace” Award
- MD Helicopters Secures $34 Million Army Contract
- New helipad opens at Groves Memorial Community Hospital
- Melfort hospital helipad complete
- Italian Air Force enhances emergency response and homeland security capabilities
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work