Kopter Group AG today announced the appointment of Larry D. Roberts as senior vice president, U.S. Business Development responsible for the sales, marketing of the SH09 single-engine turbine helicopter in North America. Mr. Roberts will be based in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas.
Roberts has been involved in the U.S. commercial helicopter industry for the past 20 years working in executive capacities at both American Eurocopter Corporation (AEC, now Airbus Helicopters Inc) and Bell Helicopter, Fort Worth, Texas. While at AEC Roberts simultaneously served as director of U.S. Federal Law Enforcement Development for EADS North America.
“Larry has clearly been a force in shaping the U.S. helicopter market”, said Christian Gras, Executive Vice President Customers for Kopter Group AG. I’m confident that, with his experience and commitment to the industry, he will enhance the company’s ability to meet and exceed the expectations of our commercial customers.
Prior to entering the commercial helicopter market in 1997, Roberts had served as captain of criminal investigations for the Citrus County, Fla. Sheriff’s Department from August 1996 to October 1997 and as patrolman and watch commander with the Gainesville, Fla. Police Department for the preceding 13 years. He was a founding member of the Gainesville Police helicopter unit, which provided air support for ground operations of both agencies.
Roberts holds U.S. FAA licenses and ratings as a single- and twin-engine commercial pilot and rotorcraft instructor. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Florida.
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden
- Bell delivers two 429s to EDIC Horizon International Flight Academy
- DSI and Honeywell sign HUMS licensing agreement
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager