Leading national air medical transport company Med-Trans Corporation and Care Flight, a medical flight service of the Regional Emergency Medical Services Authority (REMSA), have partnered to provide helicopter medical service to large parts of Nevada and California.
“Care Flight is thrilled to partner with Med-Trans to provide rotor-wing critical care transportation across the region,” said Dean Dow, president and chief executive officer, REMSA – Care Flight. “Med-Trans’ safety record and its commitment to patient-care excellence made it an ideal partner for Care Flight.”
In February, Med-Trans began providing flight services, including rotor wing pilots and maintenance crewmembers, to Care Flight’s four helicopter bases in Fallon and Gardnerville, Nev. and Truckee and Beckwourth, Calif. Care Flight’s rotor wing service area covers more than 50,000 square miles of northeastern California and west central Nevada.
“Med-Trans is very pleased to partner with REMSA’s Care Flight operations in Nevada and California,” said Med-Trans President Rob Hamilton. “It has been a pleasure working out the details and embarking on this new Care Flight partnership, which will benefit the more than 1,500 patients that Care Flight cares for every year.”
Med-Trans now operates four Airbus AStar helicopters for Care Flight with a range of approximately 300 statute miles and a maximum speed of nearly 150 mph. The Care Flight / Med-Trans partnership can respond to most areas of the region in less than an hour.
Now in its 36th year in business, Med-Trans has grown into a leading national medical transport provider, focused on establishing intimate relationships with leading health systems, medical centers, and EMS agencies. Med-Trans offers a broad range of solutions to help its partners achieve successful patient outcomes.
- Frictape Net Awarded Patent for Lighting Apparatus of a Helicopter Deck
- Lockheed Awarded $93M Contract for H-60 Support
- StandardAero sold by one private equity firm to another
- Medical City Fort Worth opens new helipad
- Monacair turns 30 and looks ahead
- Lockheed Awarded $10M Contract for Apache Modernized Vision Sensors
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Schiebel demostrates comint and imaging payloads of S-100 Camcopter®
- CHC Announces New Contract with OMV
- California Army National Guard newest helicopters
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- Uttah Pradesh Government launches four new tourist heli flights
- Sri Lankan Air Force carry out first aerial seeding operation
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role