Kopter Group AG received from EASA today the certificate granting the Design Organization Approval (DOA).
This certificate confirms Kopter as a duly recognized Design Organization. It is attesting that Kopter has united qualified personnel, implemented the necessary methods, processes and procedures, as well as a reliable design assurance system. It is a major milestone for Kopter making it eligible to receive the Type Certificate for its light single-engine SH09 helicopter which is planned for early 2019.
The handover ceremony of the certificate took place today within EASA premises in Köln with the participation of the Chief Executive Officer of Kopter, Andreas Loewenstein, and Trevor Woods, EASA Certification Director.
Andreas Loewenstein said, “we are extremely satisfied to receive this certificate, which acknowledges all the work we’ve done in building a well performing team and organization. We thank EASA for their trust and strong support in reaching this key step and look forward to pursuing our close cooperation on our way to certify our new turbine engine helicopter.”
Trevor Woods commented: “We are proud to handover this DOA certificate to Kopter. It demonstrates that Kopter fulfils the highest European aviation standards and possesses the capability, facilities, manpower, resources and quality assurance systems to design, produce and support the SH09 helicopter which is already on its way to certification.”
Kopter is the first helicopter manufacturer in this category to be granted a DOA since EASA was established in 2002.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software