Dakota Air Parts Intl., Inc. a specialist in the buying, selling and support of a variety of rotor-wing and fixed-wing aircraft, turbine engines, and parts has announced that it is displaying a new to market composite tail rotor blade for the Bell 206A and 206B helicopters during Heli-Expo 2018, February 27 – March 1 in Las Vegas. Dakota Air Parts is exhibiting at Booth # N3025.
Together with Australian manufacturer Airwork Helicopters, Dakota Air Parts is proud to introduce new-to-market composite tail rotor blade for the Bell 206 JetRanger Series helicopters. AMT-206-1 tail rotor blades are a direct replacement for OEM blades.
The blade design incorporates a non-symmetrical airfoil section and a swept tip. The blades are primarily fabricated from uni-directional Graphite (carbon fiber) and Aramid (Kevlar™) continuous fibers suspended in an epoxy matrix.
The nickel abrasion strip is designed to protect the blade under harsh operating conditions, like those encountered in agricultural work. The abrasion strip is 1-⅜ inches wide and covers 23% of the chord, providing protection to all of the blade surfaces exposed during flight, ensuring that erosion doesn’t impact the blade structure.
Operators flying in areas with stringent noise restrictions will find these blades especially valuable. Helicopters operating with the AMT-206-1 tail rotor blade demonstrate noise levels compliant with Stage 3 Noise requirements with an overflight noise level of 80.0 dB.
The AMT-206-1 composite tail rotor blades offer a 30% cost advantage with twice the life over the standard 206 tail rotor blades. Additional features include:
● 5,000 hour time life, twice the life of standard OEM blades
● 30% lower hourly operating costs
● Higher margin of safety due to increased strength
● Corrosion resistant and impervious to saltwater
● Replaceable bushings and abrasion strips
● Significant noise reduction, 68% reduction over OEM blades
● Improved ground clearance
● Complies with FAA stage 3 noise requirements
● Tested for over 51 million cycles
The blades are manufactured in Australia under an Australian Parts Manufacturing Approval (APMA) and have CASA and FAA STC’s:
● FAA STC: SR02644LA
● CASA STC: STC-SVR520
● APMA: 410142
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half
- Prestwick SAR base passes 1,500 taskings milestone
- Great Western Air Ambulance encourages use of What3Words
- Iran unveils new laser-guided missiles for helicopter fleet
- Rostec began flight tests of the newest helicopter for special forces Mi-8AMTSh-VN
- EDA sets up Multinational Helicopter Training Centre for Sintra
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- 08-Aug-20 N….. Bell 206 Marathon, US-Texas (3F)
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades