Edmonton Police Service (EPS) has taken delivery of their third Airbus helicopter, an H125, which will allow for greater in-air coverage and policing of the growing city of Edmonton. When combined with other policing resources, the H125 will add increased operational efficiency, fitting the ever expanding role of EPS.
“With the continued growth of the city, the mobility of criminals across the region, and the need for greater public and officer safety, a new helicopter with enhanced capability is required,” said Greg Preston, Acting Police Chief. “Because the new Air One is better, stronger, and faster than our previous helicopters, we can provide a greater level of safety and support across the city.”
In addition to emergency response, the H125 will be utilized for air patrol and surveillance, supporting ground missions, providing real-time information surrounding emerging circumstances as well as, managing in-progress incidents.
“Edmonton Police Service has set a fantastic record and example for aerial policing, not only in Alberta, but across Canada,” said Romain Trapp, President of Airbus Helicopters Canada. “We thank Edmonton Police Service for once again choosing Airbus to support their operations and we look forward to continuing to build our relationship for years to come.”
The H125 was selected because of its capabilities during high-speed pursuits, particularly its excellent maneuverability. Equipped with a FADEC engine, the H125’s modular design creates ease of maintenance, resulting in an increased rate of availability.
EPS took possession of an H120 in 1999, followed by delivery of a 2nd H120 in 2009. Airbus also supplies helicopters to several law enforcement and parapublic agencies across Canada including; Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Ontario Provincial Police, Calgary Police, York Regional Police and Winnipeg Police Services. Today, Airbus is the helicopter provider of choice for over 80% of Canada’s airborne law enforcement agencies.
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)