The WSPS™ is designed to provide a measure of protection for helicopters in level flight in the event of an encounter with horizontally strung wires and cables, using the concept of guiding wires over the fuselage into high tensile steel cutting blades. The R66 WSPS™ system is comprised of an upper cutter, lower cutters, and a windshield deflector.
Magellan’s R66 WSPS™ platform is available as a field kit option for all R66 helicopters. Factory provisions are available on new helicopters to simplify field installation. A comprehensive aftermarket kit, including the internal provisions, will be available from Magellan’s authorized distributors (http://magellan.aero/product/wsps), to retrofit in-service R66 helicopters.”
“We are excited to announce the R66 WSPS™ kit, which is the product of the combined expertise of both Magellan Aerospace and Robinson. This new kit is a remarkable achievement. Magellan has been making and delivering WSPS kits since 1980, and has established itself as the global expert for this unique product and technology”, said David O’Connor, Division Manager Defence and Space Products, Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg.
“Robinson and Magellan engineering worked in partnership to develop an R66-specific installation that is simple, lightweight, and meets all industry-standard wire protection criteria. We look forward to offering the WSPS™ option to our future and existing Robinson customers,” said Peter Riedl, Vice President of Engineering, Robinson Helicopters.
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy