The WSPS™ is designed to provide a measure of protection for helicopters in level flight in the event of an encounter with horizontally strung wires and cables, using the concept of guiding wires over the fuselage into high tensile steel cutting blades. The R66 WSPS™ system is comprised of an upper cutter, lower cutters, and a windshield deflector.
Magellan’s R66 WSPS™ platform is available as a field kit option for all R66 helicopters. Factory provisions are available on new helicopters to simplify field installation. A comprehensive aftermarket kit, including the internal provisions, will be available from Magellan’s authorized distributors (http://magellan.aero/product/wsps), to retrofit in-service R66 helicopters.”
“We are excited to announce the R66 WSPS™ kit, which is the product of the combined expertise of both Magellan Aerospace and Robinson. This new kit is a remarkable achievement. Magellan has been making and delivering WSPS kits since 1980, and has established itself as the global expert for this unique product and technology”, said David O’Connor, Division Manager Defence and Space Products, Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg.
“Robinson and Magellan engineering worked in partnership to develop an R66-specific installation that is simple, lightweight, and meets all industry-standard wire protection criteria. We look forward to offering the WSPS™ option to our future and existing Robinson customers,” said Peter Riedl, Vice President of Engineering, Robinson Helicopters.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s