The WSPS™ is designed to provide a measure of protection for helicopters in level flight in the event of an encounter with horizontally strung wires and cables, using the concept of guiding wires over the fuselage into high tensile steel cutting blades. The R66 WSPS™ system is comprised of an upper cutter, lower cutters, and a windshield deflector.
Magellan’s R66 WSPS™ platform is available as a field kit option for all R66 helicopters. Factory provisions are available on new helicopters to simplify field installation. A comprehensive aftermarket kit, including the internal provisions, will be available from Magellan’s authorized distributors (http://magellan.aero/product/wsps), to retrofit in-service R66 helicopters.”
“We are excited to announce the R66 WSPS™ kit, which is the product of the combined expertise of both Magellan Aerospace and Robinson. This new kit is a remarkable achievement. Magellan has been making and delivering WSPS kits since 1980, and has established itself as the global expert for this unique product and technology”, said David O’Connor, Division Manager Defence and Space Products, Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg.
“Robinson and Magellan engineering worked in partnership to develop an R66-specific installation that is simple, lightweight, and meets all industry-standard wire protection criteria. We look forward to offering the WSPS™ option to our future and existing Robinson customers,” said Peter Riedl, Vice President of Engineering, Robinson Helicopters.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee