The WSPS™ is designed to provide a measure of protection for helicopters in level flight in the event of an encounter with horizontally strung wires and cables, using the concept of guiding wires over the fuselage into high tensile steel cutting blades. The R66 WSPS™ system is comprised of an upper cutter, lower cutters, and a windshield deflector.
Magellan’s R66 WSPS™ platform is available as a field kit option for all R66 helicopters. Factory provisions are available on new helicopters to simplify field installation. A comprehensive aftermarket kit, including the internal provisions, will be available from Magellan’s authorized distributors (http://magellan.aero/product/wsps), to retrofit in-service R66 helicopters.”
“We are excited to announce the R66 WSPS™ kit, which is the product of the combined expertise of both Magellan Aerospace and Robinson. This new kit is a remarkable achievement. Magellan has been making and delivering WSPS kits since 1980, and has established itself as the global expert for this unique product and technology”, said David O’Connor, Division Manager Defence and Space Products, Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg.
“Robinson and Magellan engineering worked in partnership to develop an R66-specific installation that is simple, lightweight, and meets all industry-standard wire protection criteria. We look forward to offering the WSPS™ option to our future and existing Robinson customers,” said Peter Riedl, Vice President of Engineering, Robinson Helicopters.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet