Sundance Helicopters’ maintenance team received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) “Diamond Certificate of Excellence” for participating in the William (Bill) O’Brien Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The program encourages employers to participate in continuous-learning training programs in aviation maintenance, regulations and FAA regulations and awards are given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria. This prestigious award comes in a range of levels, from the Bronze Award to the Diamond Award with the latter requiring 100% participation.
“We are incredibly proud of our maintenance team. A great deal of training goes into achieving this recognition,” said John Chicosky, director of maintenance for Sundance Helicopters. “Safety is our number one core value and highest priority. This honor of receiving the FAA Diamond Award reflects that commitment.”
Sundance Helicopters’ maintenance team completed thousands of hours of airframe and engine familiarization training, as well as reoccurring safety and human factors courses for 2017. In addition, all of the company’s men and women of maintenance were further recognized with individual awards including Bronze, Silver, and Certificate of Training Awards, through in-house, external, and factory training.
Sundance Helicopters puts maintenance technicians and pilots through extensive education and training that goes beyond FAA requirements. The quality of training is verified through rigorous testing and followed up with performance monitoring systems. Sundance is also among the first in the industry to adopt the global standard in aviation safety with a helicopter specific Safety Management System (SMS).
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center