Tanis Aircraft Products is proud to announce the installation of a Tanis Heli-Preheat Kit on a R44 Robinson at the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences located at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks.
Wes Van Dell, Chief Helicopter Flight Instructor with the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences at the University of North Dakota recently completed an installation of a Tanis R44 Heli-Preheat Kit on their 2017 R44 Cadet. UND is a world-renowned center for aerospace learning, nationally acclaimed for their achievements in collegiate aviation education, atmospheric research, space studies, and earth system science and policy research. With over 500 faculty and staff members, over 1,500 students from around the world, and a myriad of programs and projects, the John D. Odegard School of Aerospace Sciences is setting the pace for the future of flight.
Tanis Aircraft Products manufactures the only preconditioning system that thoroughly and safely heats all critical components. Helicopter preheat kits provide preconditioning for engines, main and tail rotor gearboxes, hydraulics, avionic, cabin, and batteries. With a Tanis System you can rest assured your aircraft will be ready to launch in the coldest of conditions. Operation and regular use reduces operating costs, torque oscillations, thermal stress, warmup and launch times, and increases engine and battery life, reliability and safety of operations!
Doug Evink, Tanis President commented that: “We are happy to partner with UND Aerospace and what a great place to test the merits of the Tanis Preheat System on the ramp in Grand Forks. Our line of heli-preheat and protection accessories have long been an industry standard. We are excited to be supporting the R44 aircraft by contributing to safe operations and prolonged life of helicopter components “
Since starting our business in 1974, we were the first to develop engine-mounted preheat systems for piston engines, first to offer helicopter preheat, first to offer turbine preheat, and the first and only company to meet the rigorous requirements for FAA Supplement Type Certification.” Tanis Preheat Systems have been tested in the harshest climates available including Siberia, the South and North Poles, and throughout the Arctic.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf