Bell Helicopter, a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, announced today the introduction of the Bell 407GXi at Heli-Expo 2018. The Bell 407GXi incorporates new avionics, an upgraded engine, and new executive interior design options.
“We are always looking at ways to innovate our current product line to provide our customers with the most capable, dependable, and technologically advanced aircraft in the market,” said Susan Griffin, executive vice president, Commercial Business. “The Bell 407GXi delivers improved pilot awareness, higher precision navigation, enhanced engine controls, and improved connectivity.”
Garmin’s G1000H NXi Integrated Flight Deck, complete with high-definition displays and faster processors offers increased brightness and clarity, faster startup and map rendering as well as connectivity to tablets and smartphones. Upgrades to the Bell 407GXi include a dual-channel FADEC engine with full automatic relight, and enhanced situational awareness through the G1000H NXi.
The Bell 407GXi is outfitted with the new Rolls-Royce M250-C47E/4 dual channel FADEC turbine engine delivering exceptional hot and high performance, fuel efficiency and the ability to cruise at 133 kts/246 km/h. Newly designed executive configuration options bring a modernized look and passenger experience to the five-seat club cabin.
Additional options for the 407GXi include the Garmin FlightStream 510 that allows pilots to upload flight plans from smart devices, Garmin SurfaceWatch that provides runway identification and alerting technology, a 3,100-lb. cargo hook, and Health Usage Monitoring (HUMS) for aircraft system diagnostics.
The Bell 407 GXi has been certified by Transport Canada and the first delivery is scheduled this Spring.
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires