BLR Aerospace today announced that the first factory installation of an Airbus Helicopters H125 FastFin® System has been completed and the aircraft will be delivered in June to Heli-Austria. The company also announced that 25 Airbus Helicopters Customer Centers worldwide have been authorized to sell and install the FastFin System.
Heli-Austria is a long-time FastFin System supporter operating FastFin Systems on its H125 and Bell medium helicopters, according to Roy Knaus, President of Heli-Austria. “The H125 Systems we are already flying with are operating very well,” Knaus said. Heli-Austria aircraft routinely operate between 7,000 and 10,000 feet but sometimes reach altitudes of 13,000 feet performing a range of vertical reference work, including logging and construction. “FastFin is beneficial in all regimes, but we consider it essential for high-altitude operations,” Knaus said.
Thirty H125 FastFin Systems have been sold to date and are operating in seven countries. More than 1,100 FastFin Systems are flying worldwide.
“We are excited to work with BLR to offer our H125 customers worldwide the FastFin System for both factory installation and retrofit,” said Axel Aloccio, head of the H125/H130 program at Airbus Helicopters. “The FastFin system enhances the H125 performance in hot and high conditions and further reinforces the superiority of the H125 in the single-engine helicopter market.”
“We are pleased to partner with Airbus Helicopters and Heli-Austria to make these milestones possible,” said BLR President Mike Carpenter. “It’s gratifying to see the growing acceptance of FastFin-equipped aircraft around the world,” he said.
The H125 FastFin System uses advanced airflow management to increase the effectiveness of the H125 anti-torque system for significant increases to useful load and aircraft stability, especially in hot/high conditions. Benefits include a useful load increase up to 120 pounds and a 10 percent improvement in pedal margins.
BLR will exhibit its FastFin System in Exhibit C2150 during HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 Feb. 27 – March 1 in Las Vegas.
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019
- Bell and Moog Collaborate
- UK MoD details Sea King asbestos risk – and how to claim
- Schiebel doubles Camcopter S-100 production capacity
- Aspen Avionics Names Vice President of Operations
- Association of Air Ambulances Charity relaunches as Air Ambulances UK
- Arts Council renews Helicopter Museum Accreditation
- Able Breaks Ground on Major Mesa
- Donaldson appoints Account Executive for Rotorcraft
- BLADE Launches Urban Air Mobility Pilot Program
- SUU Aviation Program Adds a New Helicopter
- SAFE Structure delivers Lakota stands to New Mexico National Guard
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- AAMS responds to CNN article on air ambulance pricing
- Saskatchewan renews 10 year STARS funding contract
- Managing Director at Babcock and HeliOffshore board member shares thoughts on safety
- Garmin® awarded supplier of the year by Airbus Helicopters