Maverick Helicopters, an award-winning division of Maverick Aviation Group, recently received the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) 2017 Award of Excellence “Diamond Award.” The prestigious honor is a result of the company’s ongoing dedication to maintenance training and aircraft safety. This is Maverick Helicopters’ seventh consecutive Diamond Award for its Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim locations and the third consecutive award for its Maui, Hawaii facility since its inception in 2015.
“Maverick Helicopters’ commitment to excellence in service is only matched by its commitment to safety” said John Buch, president of Maverick Aviation Group. “Receiving one of the FAA’s highest honors, the Diamond Award of Excellence, for the seventh year in a row is evidence of our dedication and safety standards.”
The FAA’s Award of Excellence was created to recognize aviation operators and its maintenance technicians for participating in the FAA Aviation Maintenance Technician Awards Program. The rigorous program encourages employers to participate in continuous learning training programs in aviation maintenance, human factors, fatigue risk management and FAA regulations. Each participating organization can receive honors ranging from the “Gold Award” to the “Diamond Award.” The “Diamond Award” is only given to a select few corporations that have reached the highest level of program criteria.
In 2017, Maverick Helicopters’ dedicated maintenance technicians recorded more than 3,500 hours of training. More than 2,000 of those hours were provided through the company’s homegrown training courses. Maverick Helicopters’ internal training program also requires all new hires to take a three-week training course, outside of the manufacturer and FAA requirements, to ensure safety standards are upheld and surpassed. Additionally, 100 percent of the 53 eligible technicians at Maverick Helicopters obtained individual awards through in-house and factory training.
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International
- Airinmar selected by Air Methods for warranty and value engineering services
- Former HAI chairman Wisecup passes away
- AAMS issue statement on HHS report on surprise medical billing
- Wilson Construction upgrades MD500E to MD530F standard
- Transport Canada Approve HTC metal blades for Bell 204, 205 and UH-1
- Nigerian union pickets Bristow Helicopters
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Mi-8AMT to Vityaz-Aero
- EHang 216 Obtained Special Flight Operations Certificate from TCCA
- 04-Aug-20 RA-06353 Robinson R66 Mount Belukha, Russia
- 04-Aug-20 D-HIPO Bell 47G4A Lübstorf, Germany
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- Triumph to provide helicopter MRO services to Global Aerospace Logistics
- MedEvac Foundation Invites Participants to Virtual Event
- SPAES H145 night vision approvals updated for new tactical radios
- Police Aviation News – August 2020 Edition