A joint venture between Precision Flight Controls (PFC) and Ryan Aerospace (Australia) has seen the development of a new, cost-effective Bell 206 helicopter simulator which recently received certification under Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) rules as an Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD).
This product will be on display at Heli-Expo in Las Vegas, USA next week (Tuesday 27 February – 1 March 2018). Heli-Expo is the world’s largest helicopter industry event.
The device is reconfigurable between the Bell 206 and Bell 407GXP but can also be used as a generic rotary wing training aircraft.
The unit comes with a full PC rack system complete with licensed software and Instructor Operator Station (IOS) which allows users to create scenarios, set weather conditions, change time of day or night, select any airport (worldwide) and induce failures. The (included) Garmin 530W has virtually full functionality.
There are also many options to choose from such as visual system (projection dome system or LCD panel display), avionics and motion and vibration system to name just a few.
The Helicopter Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD) is approved for use in satisfying the following sections of Parts 61 and 141:
- 61.51(b)(3) – Logbook entries;
- 61.51(h) – Logging training time;
- 61.57(c) – Instrument experience;
- 61.57(d)(1)(ii) – Instrument Proficiency Check, per the instrument PTS/ACS;
- 61.65(i) – Instrument rating up to 20 hours;
- 61.129(i)(1)(ii) – Commercial Pilot Certificate: up to 25 hours; and
- 141.41(b) – Approved for use under the Part 141 Appendices as follows:
- Appendix C – Up to 40% toward the total instrument flight training time requirements;
- Appendix D – Up to 20% toward the total Commercial Pilot flight training time requirements;
- Appendix E – Up to 25% toward the total Airline Transport Pilot flight training time requirements;
- Appendix F – Up to 5% toward the total Flight Instructor flight training time requirements;Ø Appendix G – Up to 5% toward the total Flight Instructor instrument flight training time requirements;
- Appendix I – Up to 3 hours toward the Private Pilot Helicopter Class Rating Course flight training time requirements;
- Appendix I – Up to 6 hours toward the Commercial Pilot Helicopter Class Rating Course flight training time requirements;
- Appendix I – Up to 6.25 hours toward the Airline Transport Pilot Helicopter Course flight training time requirements; and
- Appendix M – Up to 25% toward the total Combined Private Pilot Helicopter Certification and Instrument Rating flight training time requirements.
This year at Heli-Expo, we are also partnering with Q4 who will be providing a projection dome and visuals with a 210 degree wrap-around view providing a very realistic and immersive environment.
Diamond Visionics are also involved providing high-end visual software.
The unit can easily be configured as a Bell 407 GXP as an option with replacement Main Instrument Panel, Overhead Panel and Collective. (Collective pictured below.)
Customers can also enjoy fast delivery times due to a number of these units now being in stock and ready to go. Support staff are based around the world and customized service level agreements can be offered in addition to standard warranty conditions.
The new fully certified H-206 Helicopter Simulator by Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace is available right now.
We will also be demonstrating the Ryan Aerospace HELIMOD Mark II with virtual reality goggles, configured as a low cost trainer to teach students basic hovering skills as well as more advanced training such as external sling loads / vertical reference.
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- 18-Mar-19 ZT-ROB Bell 206L3 Beira, Mozambique