East/West Industries, Inc. today announced that it has received a 2017 Boeing Performance Excellence Award. The Boeing Company issues the award annually to recognize suppliers who have achieved superior performance. East/West Industries maintained a Gold composite performance rating for each month of the 12-month performance period, from October 1, 2016, to September 30, 2017.
This is the third consecutive year East/West has received the Gold-level award, the top level Boeing suppliers can attain. The multiple Gold-level awards are among numerous quality awards received in the company’s five decades of operation. Boeing has more than 13,000 suppliers worldwide. This year, Boeing recognized 414 suppliers who achieved either a Gold or Silver level Boeing Performance Excellence Award. East/West Industries is one of only 85 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition.
“We take great pride in knowing that we represent such a small number of suppliers who receive this honor, and we’re proud that our performance standards help meet Boeing’s customer expectations for world-class products that are competitive on a global scale,” said East/West President Teresa Ferraro. “Earning this honor again reaffirms that the men and women of East/West are remarkably capable and responsive to Boeing’s expectations for cost, quality and schedule.”
Founded on Long Island in 1968, East/West designs, manufactures and repairs aircraft seats and other products critical to crew safety and survival. A range of original equipment manufacturers, including Boeing, install East/West seats and other products on aircraft they manufacture, including some of the newest commercial and military platforms under development.
East/West’s Bell 505 Jet Ranger VIP and utility seats and its unique Master Crane® portable floor crane will be on display at the company’s exhibit (C4828) at HAI HELI-EXPO, Feb. 27 – March 1. Representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the company and its products. For more information about East/West’s products, please visit www.eastwestindustries.com.
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President