East/West Industries, Inc. today announced that it has received a 2017 Boeing Performance Excellence Award. The Boeing Company issues the award annually to recognize suppliers who have achieved superior performance. East/West Industries maintained a Gold composite performance rating for each month of the 12-month performance period, from October 1, 2016, to September 30, 2017.
This is the third consecutive year East/West has received the Gold-level award, the top level Boeing suppliers can attain. The multiple Gold-level awards are among numerous quality awards received in the company’s five decades of operation. Boeing has more than 13,000 suppliers worldwide. This year, Boeing recognized 414 suppliers who achieved either a Gold or Silver level Boeing Performance Excellence Award. East/West Industries is one of only 85 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition.
“We take great pride in knowing that we represent such a small number of suppliers who receive this honor, and we’re proud that our performance standards help meet Boeing’s customer expectations for world-class products that are competitive on a global scale,” said East/West President Teresa Ferraro. “Earning this honor again reaffirms that the men and women of East/West are remarkably capable and responsive to Boeing’s expectations for cost, quality and schedule.”
Founded on Long Island in 1968, East/West designs, manufactures and repairs aircraft seats and other products critical to crew safety and survival. A range of original equipment manufacturers, including Boeing, install East/West seats and other products on aircraft they manufacture, including some of the newest commercial and military platforms under development.
East/West’s Bell 505 Jet Ranger VIP and utility seats and its unique Master Crane® portable floor crane will be on display at the company’s exhibit (C4828) at HAI HELI-EXPO, Feb. 27 – March 1. Representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the company and its products. For more information about East/West’s products, please visit www.eastwestindustries.com.
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria
- Quark Expeditions new ship has two helipads and two helicopters
- Sikorsky Awarded $542M Contract for Presidential Helicopter Replacement Program Support
- Pacific Heliport Services Receives Provincial Grant
- Deloitte launches eVTOL market report