East/West Industries, Inc. today announced that it has received a 2017 Boeing Performance Excellence Award. The Boeing Company issues the award annually to recognize suppliers who have achieved superior performance. East/West Industries maintained a Gold composite performance rating for each month of the 12-month performance period, from October 1, 2016, to September 30, 2017.
This is the third consecutive year East/West has received the Gold-level award, the top level Boeing suppliers can attain. The multiple Gold-level awards are among numerous quality awards received in the company’s five decades of operation. Boeing has more than 13,000 suppliers worldwide. This year, Boeing recognized 414 suppliers who achieved either a Gold or Silver level Boeing Performance Excellence Award. East/West Industries is one of only 85 suppliers to receive the Gold level of recognition.
“We take great pride in knowing that we represent such a small number of suppliers who receive this honor, and we’re proud that our performance standards help meet Boeing’s customer expectations for world-class products that are competitive on a global scale,” said East/West President Teresa Ferraro. “Earning this honor again reaffirms that the men and women of East/West are remarkably capable and responsive to Boeing’s expectations for cost, quality and schedule.”
Founded on Long Island in 1968, East/West designs, manufactures and repairs aircraft seats and other products critical to crew safety and survival. A range of original equipment manufacturers, including Boeing, install East/West seats and other products on aircraft they manufacture, including some of the newest commercial and military platforms under development.
East/West’s Bell 505 Jet Ranger VIP and utility seats and its unique Master Crane® portable floor crane will be on display at the company’s exhibit (C4828) at HAI HELI-EXPO, Feb. 27 – March 1. Representatives will be on hand to answer questions about the company and its products. For more information about East/West’s products, please visit www.eastwestindustries.com.
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines