Lease Corporation International (LCI), the aviation division of the Libra Group, has today announced that it is expanding its partnership with CHC through the placement of a second Airbus Helicopters H175 aircraft with the operator.
The helicopter is due to enter service in December 2018 and will be supporting CHC’s operations in the UK.
This will be LCI’s second aircraft placement with CHC in recent months, and follows the delivery of the lessor’s first H175 in December 2017, which was immediately placed in service with the operator.
Karl Fessenden, President and Chief Executive Officer of CHC, said, “LCI Helicopters is a valuable partner for us as we continue to introduce the H175 in the UK. We are happy to enter a second lease for this aircraft type with them.”
The Airbus Helicopters H175 is a new generation 7.8 tonne, 16 passenger aircraft, in the super- medium category, whose primary mission is to support off-shore oil and gas activities.
It is configured with the reliable and proven Pratt & Whitney PT-6 engines, a Helionix avionics suite with 4-axis autopilot, and fully certified to the latest FAR/JAR 29 certification standards.
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$750 million of assets in service and on order, is focused on the latest technology medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs, including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award