Metro Aviation will display Seminole County Sheriff Office’s H125 at the Helicopter Association International HELI-EXPO February 26 – March 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This multi-mission law enforcement aircraft is equipped with essential mission-specific gear including a cargo hook for sling work, Bambi Bucket for fire suppression and a hoist for rescue operations. The H125 features a new state-of-the-art video system that allows several feeds to be simultaneously monitored in the cockpit. The system includes a thermal image and HD color camera, wide angle fixed external mounted rescue hoist camera, cargo hook camera, tail view camera and a cockpit camera. The H125 also features the TrakkaBeam A800, the most advanced searchlight available for law enforcement and search and rescue. The TrakkaBeam’s unique optical design delivers a more intense and consistent beam resulting in far less lost targets.
“Over the past 5 years, I have enjoyed working closely with Metro Aviation staff to customize our H125 multi-mission helicopters,” said Lt. Steve Farris, Chief Pilot of the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office Aviation Section. “They have been great to work with and meeting our mission requirements has always been a priority for them.”
Seminole County’s H125 is Metro’s first completion using ceramic paint on an aircraft. The tail boom was coated with a thermal barrier ceramic that can handle exhaust temperatures up to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit with thermal shock protection.
“I am excited that Seminole County Sheriff’s Office is one of the first airborne law enforcement agencies to try a high-temperature, matte finish ceramic paint on the tail boom. We are hoping for low maintenance and a long-lasting finish with this solution,” said Farris.
Seminole County’s H125 will be on display at Metro Aviation’s Booth at HELI-EXPO, Booth N2207.
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas