Metro Aviation will display Seminole County Sheriff Office’s H125 at the Helicopter Association International HELI-EXPO February 26 – March 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
This multi-mission law enforcement aircraft is equipped with essential mission-specific gear including a cargo hook for sling work, Bambi Bucket for fire suppression and a hoist for rescue operations. The H125 features a new state-of-the-art video system that allows several feeds to be simultaneously monitored in the cockpit. The system includes a thermal image and HD color camera, wide angle fixed external mounted rescue hoist camera, cargo hook camera, tail view camera and a cockpit camera. The H125 also features the TrakkaBeam A800, the most advanced searchlight available for law enforcement and search and rescue. The TrakkaBeam’s unique optical design delivers a more intense and consistent beam resulting in far less lost targets.
“Over the past 5 years, I have enjoyed working closely with Metro Aviation staff to customize our H125 multi-mission helicopters,” said Lt. Steve Farris, Chief Pilot of the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office Aviation Section. “They have been great to work with and meeting our mission requirements has always been a priority for them.”
Seminole County’s H125 is Metro’s first completion using ceramic paint on an aircraft. The tail boom was coated with a thermal barrier ceramic that can handle exhaust temperatures up to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit with thermal shock protection.
“I am excited that Seminole County Sheriff’s Office is one of the first airborne law enforcement agencies to try a high-temperature, matte finish ceramic paint on the tail boom. We are hoping for low maintenance and a long-lasting finish with this solution,” said Farris.
Seminole County’s H125 will be on display at Metro Aviation’s Booth at HELI-EXPO, Booth N2207.
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director
- Boeing Awarded $194M Contract for MH-47G Procurement
- 30 years of Christoph 51 in service
- Airbus to mark 50 years of pioneering achievements at Paris Air Show 2019
- US Navy Reservist Takes Helm of Helicopter Training Squadron 8
- Workhorse Group Secures Financing
- VFS Expands Support to eVTOL
- Specialist Aviation Services welcomes new CEO
- Nakanihon Air Service takes delivery of 20th H135
- Air Methods Added to Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama’s Air Ambulance Network
- GHS announces Red Cross contract in Nigeria