Robinson Helicopter Company produced 305 helicopters in 2017. The R44 led the way with 174, ranking as the world’s best-selling helicopter according to GAMA’s* General Aviation Aircraft Shipment 2017 Year End Report. Seventy-seven R66s came off the line and, according to data supplied by Rolls Royce, the R66 fleet logged approximately 185,000 hours in 2017, bringing its total fleet hours to 735,000. Cadet production was steady at twenty, and the R22 came in at 34.
Robinson is confident the upturn in sales will continue as the company is introducing a multitude of new options for the R44 and R66. In 2017, Robinson added a heavy-duty Inlet Barrier Filter and a light-weight lithium-Ion battery to its R66 options. More recently, the company also announced a wire strike protection system and cargo hook for the R66.
At this year’s HAI Heli-Expo convention in Las Vegas, February 27th – March 1st, Robinson will display an R44 Raven II, R44 Cadet, and R66. The R66 will be outfitted with new optional heated seats and a limited-edition paint scheme. The Raven II and R66 will be equipped with Garmin’s new TXi display systems and all three helicopters will include a Genesys’ HeliSAS Autopilot. Robinson’s recently introduced, cargo hook and wire strike protection kit will be installed on an R66 and on display in the static hall.
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139