Robinson Helicopter Company produced 305 helicopters in 2017. The R44 led the way with 174, ranking as the world’s best-selling helicopter according to GAMA’s* General Aviation Aircraft Shipment 2017 Year End Report. Seventy-seven R66s came off the line and, according to data supplied by Rolls Royce, the R66 fleet logged approximately 185,000 hours in 2017, bringing its total fleet hours to 735,000. Cadet production was steady at twenty, and the R22 came in at 34.
Robinson is confident the upturn in sales will continue as the company is introducing a multitude of new options for the R44 and R66. In 2017, Robinson added a heavy-duty Inlet Barrier Filter and a light-weight lithium-Ion battery to its R66 options. More recently, the company also announced a wire strike protection system and cargo hook for the R66.
At this year’s HAI Heli-Expo convention in Las Vegas, February 27th – March 1st, Robinson will display an R44 Raven II, R44 Cadet, and R66. The R66 will be outfitted with new optional heated seats and a limited-edition paint scheme. The Raven II and R66 will be equipped with Garmin’s new TXi display systems and all three helicopters will include a Genesys’ HeliSAS Autopilot. Robinson’s recently introduced, cargo hook and wire strike protection kit will be installed on an R66 and on display in the static hall.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020