Robinson Helicopter Company produced 305 helicopters in 2017. The R44 led the way with 174, ranking as the world’s best-selling helicopter according to GAMA’s* General Aviation Aircraft Shipment 2017 Year End Report. Seventy-seven R66s came off the line and, according to data supplied by Rolls Royce, the R66 fleet logged approximately 185,000 hours in 2017, bringing its total fleet hours to 735,000. Cadet production was steady at twenty, and the R22 came in at 34.
Robinson is confident the upturn in sales will continue as the company is introducing a multitude of new options for the R44 and R66. In 2017, Robinson added a heavy-duty Inlet Barrier Filter and a light-weight lithium-Ion battery to its R66 options. More recently, the company also announced a wire strike protection system and cargo hook for the R66.
At this year’s HAI Heli-Expo convention in Las Vegas, February 27th – March 1st, Robinson will display an R44 Raven II, R44 Cadet, and R66. The R66 will be outfitted with new optional heated seats and a limited-edition paint scheme. The Raven II and R66 will be equipped with Garmin’s new TXi display systems and all three helicopters will include a Genesys’ HeliSAS Autopilot. Robinson’s recently introduced, cargo hook and wire strike protection kit will be installed on an R66 and on display in the static hall.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team