Leonardo announced during an official ceremony held at Heli-Expo (Las Vegas) today the signing of a contract with Sloane Helicopters of the UK for the purchase of one GrandNew and one AW109 Trekker light twin engine. The aircraft are expected to be delivered over the period 2018/2019 under the framework of the Distributorship Agreement, further strengthening Sloane’s long established partnership with Leonardo in the UK helicopter market.
This latest contract also marks the first customer for the AW109 Trekker in Northern Europe and follows several accomplishments by Sloane Helicopters over the last 12 months, including the delivery of two GrandNew, one AW169 VIP and the sale of four preowned AW109s. A the Distributor of Leonardo VIP helicopters in UK and Ireland for the last 22 years with the sale of more than 75 aircraft to date, Sloane Helicopters has a positive outlook for 2018/2019 for the GrandNew and AW169. These helicopters have become the benchmark in their respective categories for VIP/corporate transport in UK. As operators replace ageing technology types, these Leonardo’s helicopter models are able to deliver the technology, performance and safety levels the market is seeking. They also benefit from outstanding Automatic Flight Control System (AFCS) and avionics ideally suited for IFR operations and Performance Based Navigation combined with best-in-class customised cabins/comfort.
David George (Sloane’s Chairman): “As a long experienced Leonardo Distributor and Service Centre, we are proud to be the launch customer for the new AW109 Trekker in the UK and Ireland. We are sure the latest product in the Leonardo range will deliver outstanding capabilities and cost/effectiveness, adding one more solution in the light twin segment. The GrandNew and the AW109 Trekker ensure that customers have a complete range in this category that benefit from best-in-class performance, safety, technology and operational capability”.
The Distributorship Agreement has provided customers with continued benefits by dramatically reducing delivery times and providing customers with product expertise and a full range of support packages, which also helps Leonardo to maintain its position as leader in the executive/private transport market in the UK and Ireland. Customers also include the 32 (The Royal) Squadron of the UK’s Royal Air Force which has been using a GrandNew helicopter to deliver Command Support Air Transport (CSAT) capability for senior military commanders and Government Ministers in the UK and Europe. Sloane Helicopters is also an Authorized Service Centre, providing maintenance and support services for the majority of GrandNew and all AW169 VIP helicopters in the UK as well supporting other European operators. Additionally, Sloane Helicopters is a Type Rating Training Centre for Leonardo helicopters in this region. Sloane has recently further enhanced its level of engineering service with 7 days a week capability, rapid deployment of engineers and further investment in capabilities and spares availability.
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Dallas Airmotive Launches Engine Maintenance Program for AW109 Trekker
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Leonardo presents the AW109 Trekker
- ICON Aviation appointed an official distributor for the AW109 Trekker in Brazil
- Sloane Helicopters opens up Irish corporate market with AW109 GrandNew sale
- Sloane Helicopters wins Irish EMS contract with AW109
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- Chilean customers order AW119Kx and AW109 Trekker
- Dallas Airmotive reduces PW206C Engine Overhaul TAT
- Leonardo celebrates helicopter orders at Heli-Expo
- Chinese fleet grows stronger with orders for additional 26 helicopters
- P&WC Introduces a Certified Pre-Owned Engine Program
- Rotortrade reports 2017 results
- Transnet National Ports Authority orders two AW109s
- Bangladesh operator Bashundhara Airways orders five from Leonardo
- Leonardo approves fifth Service Centre in Japan
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- New AW109 and AW139 service centre at Milan Linate Airport