Leonardo announced today that Sino-US Intercontinental Helicopter Investment (Sino-US) of China has signed contracts for additional 26 helicopters, including 7 AW119Kx single engine, 15 AW109 Trekker light twins and 4 AW139 intermediate twins with deliveries expected to start this year through to 2019. The contracts are valued in excess of 120 million euro.
The orders follow a series of contracts, particularly for EMS helicopters, signed by Sino-US in recent years which include 25 AW119Kx single engines and a mix of 30 AW139s and AW169s in 2016, followed by 10 AW109 Trekkers in 2017. These latest orders strengthens the collaboration between Leonardo Helicopter and Sino-US in China, including Hong Kong and Macau. The presence of Leonardo in China grows stronger with more than 200 helicopters sold to Chinese customers of various types to date for a range of both commercial and public services, while maintaining its leading role in the EMS market. Leonardo has set a new yearly delivery record in the Chinese market with 30 units in 2017. With further deliveries planned in the next couple of years, Chinese civil operator Kingwing would become one of the largest for Leonardo helicopters worldwide.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support