Heli-One, a leading provider of helicopter maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services, has signed a service center agreement with Safran Helicopter Engines for Makila MRO services. Makila services are performed at Heli-One Norway’s engine shop in Stavanger, as well as through mobile support. The agreement allows Makila 1 operators worldwide to benefit from Heli-One’s expertise in this engine type, quick turnaround times and its commitment to safety & quality.
This renewal continues the legacy of Makila work at Heli-One Norway. The shop has been working on this engine type since 1985 and has completed more than 500 overhauls and 1700 repairs. Heli-One Norway was also the only facility outside of Safran approved to assemble engines and delivered 58 from the Stavanger shop during the period spanning 2006 to 2010. Safran and Heli-One have mutually benefitted from this collaborative working relationship and are committed to refining and improving maintenance services for operators.
“We are excited to continue to provide Makila services for operators around the world,” said Eddie Lane, President, Heli-One. “Our team of world-class technicians has proven year after year why they are the best in the industry for providing high-quality work with a focus on customer service. Operators will continue to benefit from quick turnaround times and attentive service to minimize aircraft downtime.”
Quick facts on Heli-One Norway:
Servicing Makila engines since 1985
Level 4 Repair & Overhaul facility
Test cell on-site
Makila series serviced 1A,1A1 and 1A2
Engine shop has 21 technicians with approximately combined 400 years’ experience
45 day turnaround time on engine overhauls
Individual module & accessory repair & overhaul capability
Exchange and Leasing units available
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team