Safran Helicopter Engines is proud to introduce HeliDax as new customer of its Health Monitoring service. The French company, who was involved in its elaboration, has opted for the Premium level of this service, launched last October at Helitech International.
Health Monitoring allows customers to track engine life parameters and implement predictive maintenance actions to prevent unplanned events. The service is available at an Essential level, where the customer is responsible for data collection and analysis, and a Premium one where maintenance recommendations by Safran experts are tailored to the customer’s fleet, mission and usage rates.
HeliDax is a privately-held company which has been chosen in 2008 by the French government in order to supply the flight hours required for the basic and advanced training of French Armed Forces, Gendarmerie Nationale and Belgium Armed Forces helicopters pilots.
HeliDax operates a unique fleet of 36 H120 helicopters (powered by Arrius 2F) modified by HeliDax to match the particular military specifications. The partnership between HeliDax and French Ministry of Defence is based upon performance and the decrease of aircraft operating costs.
French operator Health Monitoring package integrates a new feature allowing automatic Engine Power Check (EPC). This option avoids HeliDax to perform flights dedicated to EPC.
HeliDax will use this service across its whole fleet, flying a total amount of 22.000 hours per year.
Joel Baudon, HeliDax Technical Director, commented: “The partnership that HeliDax started to develop with Safran Helicopter Engines since 2010 is an essential asset of a trustful relationship between an operator and an OEM. The understanding of the needs of the operators and the willingness of the OEM creates added value to the services provided, enhances the efficiency of the maintenance and contributes to a high level of flight safety.”
Frédéric Bugeon, Safran Helicopter Engines VP Sales, Marketing and Customer Satisfaction, added “HeliDax is a partner with whom we shared ideas and needs, and then tested our Health Monitoring new service. Their subscription to the Premium service is the outcome of this partnership. They will benefit from Safran expertise and customized maintenance reports, available online at the EngineLife® Customer Portal, anytime, from anywhere with any device. Today, over 100 companies have also subscribed to the Essential solution.”
Health Monitoring Service is part of Safran’s EngineLife® Services, a range of solutions for helicopter engines.
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team