The Metro Aviation leadership team continues proving its commitment to safety with the investment of time and resources into training, data mining and operational oversight. Since receiving approval for its Flight Operations Quality Assurance program in the summer of 2017, Metro has increased its flight data monitoring-equipped aircraft to reflect nearly 65 percent of its entire fleet. Of the over 80 aircraft equipped, 51 have Outerlink’s IRIS system onboard.
Metro’s FOQA team has reviewed approximately 30,000 events over 14,000 flight hours and counting. The data gained was used to illustrate positive changes due to revisions in the company’s General Operation Manual (GOM), including reductions in drastic high rates of descent and maximum performance events. Compared to analytics from 2016, the rate of total events has been reduced by nearly 20 percent.
“Having Outerlink’s IRIS on our aircraft, an active and involved FOQA system, and an improved outcome training program is a game changer for the safety of our company,” said Metro Managing Director Milton Geltz. “We are able to see where the trends are on a near real-time basis, create a plan and address them with our pilots during their annual check rides and simulator training.”
Metro plans to have its entire fleet equipped with flight data monitoring equipment prior to year-end 2018. Learn more about Metro’s FOQA program during HELI-EXPO on Booth N2207.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center