Operators thinking of buying a pre-owned AW139 or AW109 helicopter will now have the option of a 500-hour/one-year engine warranty under P&WC’s new Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) engine program for PT6C-67C, PW206C and PW207C engines. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX).
Initially being launched in collaboration with global helicopter dealer Rotortrade, aircraft dealers will certify the engines under the CPO program through P&WC. The company will also offer the following: six months of complimentary technical publications for the engine, a credit that can be applied to P&WC’s Eagle Service™ Plan (ESP™) pay-per-hour engine maintenance program, discounts on engine-maintenance training provided through FlightSafety International, and other incentives.
“We are committed to supporting our products throughout their life cycle,” says Tim Swail, Vice President, Customer Programs, P&WC. “The CPO program brings benefits to both dealers and operators alike. Dealers are able to differentiate their inventory by promoting helicopters that come with an OEM-backed engine warranty. Operators are able to purchase a pre-owned helicopter with greater confidence in their investment.
To qualify under the CPO program, the engine must have been maintained in a P&WC-owned or designated facility and contain only genuine P&WC parts. The engine must also pass a thorough inspection.
“P&WC understands the needs of the pre-owned market and the CPO program aligns closely with Rotortrade’s mission to provide value-added services and quality assurance to our global pre-owned helicopter customers,” said Philippe Lubrano, President of Rotortrade. “Since the engines are such an important part of the investment in a helicopter, the program provides buyers the level of confidence they have been requesting for a long time. We welcome the support that P&WC is delivering to this growing industry segment.”
The PT6C and the PW200 engine families are among the most popular in P&WC’s helicopter engine portfolio. P&WC also plans to expand the CPO offering to its additional turboshaft platforms. Last October, the company introduced a CPO program for its PT6A turboprop engine and will continue to expand the program to other engine families.
P&WC will be at HAI HELI-EXPO, booth C4432. Operators and dealers interested in the program are invited to drop by the booth to speak with a marketing or customer service representative.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards