Operators thinking of buying a pre-owned AW139 or AW109 helicopter will now have the option of a 500-hour/one-year engine warranty under P&WC’s new Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) engine program for PT6C-67C, PW206C and PW207C engines. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX).
Initially being launched in collaboration with global helicopter dealer Rotortrade, aircraft dealers will certify the engines under the CPO program through P&WC. The company will also offer the following: six months of complimentary technical publications for the engine, a credit that can be applied to P&WC’s Eagle Service™ Plan (ESP™) pay-per-hour engine maintenance program, discounts on engine-maintenance training provided through FlightSafety International, and other incentives.
“We are committed to supporting our products throughout their life cycle,” says Tim Swail, Vice President, Customer Programs, P&WC. “The CPO program brings benefits to both dealers and operators alike. Dealers are able to differentiate their inventory by promoting helicopters that come with an OEM-backed engine warranty. Operators are able to purchase a pre-owned helicopter with greater confidence in their investment.
To qualify under the CPO program, the engine must have been maintained in a P&WC-owned or designated facility and contain only genuine P&WC parts. The engine must also pass a thorough inspection.
“P&WC understands the needs of the pre-owned market and the CPO program aligns closely with Rotortrade’s mission to provide value-added services and quality assurance to our global pre-owned helicopter customers,” said Philippe Lubrano, President of Rotortrade. “Since the engines are such an important part of the investment in a helicopter, the program provides buyers the level of confidence they have been requesting for a long time. We welcome the support that P&WC is delivering to this growing industry segment.”
The PT6C and the PW200 engine families are among the most popular in P&WC’s helicopter engine portfolio. P&WC also plans to expand the CPO offering to its additional turboshaft platforms. Last October, the company introduced a CPO program for its PT6A turboprop engine and will continue to expand the program to other engine families.
P&WC will be at HAI HELI-EXPO, booth C4432. Operators and dealers interested in the program are invited to drop by the booth to speak with a marketing or customer service representative.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135