Operators thinking of buying a pre-owned AW139 or AW109 helicopter will now have the option of a 500-hour/one-year engine warranty under P&WC’s new Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) engine program for PT6C-67C, PW206C and PW207C engines. P&WC is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (NYSE:UTX).
Initially being launched in collaboration with global helicopter dealer Rotortrade, aircraft dealers will certify the engines under the CPO program through P&WC. The company will also offer the following: six months of complimentary technical publications for the engine, a credit that can be applied to P&WC’s Eagle Service™ Plan (ESP™) pay-per-hour engine maintenance program, discounts on engine-maintenance training provided through FlightSafety International, and other incentives.
“We are committed to supporting our products throughout their life cycle,” says Tim Swail, Vice President, Customer Programs, P&WC. “The CPO program brings benefits to both dealers and operators alike. Dealers are able to differentiate their inventory by promoting helicopters that come with an OEM-backed engine warranty. Operators are able to purchase a pre-owned helicopter with greater confidence in their investment.
To qualify under the CPO program, the engine must have been maintained in a P&WC-owned or designated facility and contain only genuine P&WC parts. The engine must also pass a thorough inspection.
“P&WC understands the needs of the pre-owned market and the CPO program aligns closely with Rotortrade’s mission to provide value-added services and quality assurance to our global pre-owned helicopter customers,” said Philippe Lubrano, President of Rotortrade. “Since the engines are such an important part of the investment in a helicopter, the program provides buyers the level of confidence they have been requesting for a long time. We welcome the support that P&WC is delivering to this growing industry segment.”
The PT6C and the PW200 engine families are among the most popular in P&WC’s helicopter engine portfolio. P&WC also plans to expand the CPO offering to its additional turboshaft platforms. Last October, the company introduced a CPO program for its PT6A turboprop engine and will continue to expand the program to other engine families.
P&WC will be at HAI HELI-EXPO, booth C4432. Operators and dealers interested in the program are invited to drop by the booth to speak with a marketing or customer service representative.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020