Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), today delivered the 300th S-92® helicopter. Era Group Inc. signed for the aircraft, configured for offshore oil worker transportation, in a ceremony at the 2018 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo.
This aircraft, assembled in Coatesville, Pennsylvania, will join Era Group’s fleet of eight Sikorsky helicopters and enter service in March in the Gulf of Mexico.
In 2016, Sikorsky recognized Era Group for being the first operator to enter revenue service with a Gross Weight Expanded (GWE) S-92 helicopter. The GWE increases the maximum take-off weight of the S-92 helicopter from 26,500 to 27,700 pounds, increasing the available payload by 1,200 pounds that can be used for passengers or fuel. The addition of this aircraft marks Era’s fourth GWE S-92 helicopter.
“In the year of Era’s 70th anniversary, we are thrilled to enhance the safety and availability of our fleet with another Sikorsky product,” said Era Group President and CEO Chris Bradshaw. “The reliability of the S-92 provides the consistency our mission requires, and when minutes matter, Sikorsky’s world-class customer service provides the support we need.”
“Sikorsky and Era have partnered for more than 60 years, beginning with Era’s operation of the Sikorsky S-55 in 1956. Since then, Sikorsky has been honored to be a part of Era’s mission of providing safe, efficient and reliable transportation,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “We’ve had a rich history together, and with the delivery of this aircraft, we look forward to an even brighter future.”
The S-92 helicopter has become the industry’s standard. It leads the way in compliance with the latest U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and European airworthiness safety standards by meeting or exceeding oil and gas industry requirements. With more than 1.25 million fleet flight hours of service, the S-92 helicopter sets the standard for safety. These aircraft perform a variety of missions including offshore oil transportation, search and rescue, Head of State and airline missions.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement