Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), today delivered the 300th S-92® helicopter. Era Group Inc. signed for the aircraft, configured for offshore oil worker transportation, in a ceremony at the 2018 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo.
This aircraft, assembled in Coatesville, Pennsylvania, will join Era Group’s fleet of eight Sikorsky helicopters and enter service in March in the Gulf of Mexico.
In 2016, Sikorsky recognized Era Group for being the first operator to enter revenue service with a Gross Weight Expanded (GWE) S-92 helicopter. The GWE increases the maximum take-off weight of the S-92 helicopter from 26,500 to 27,700 pounds, increasing the available payload by 1,200 pounds that can be used for passengers or fuel. The addition of this aircraft marks Era’s fourth GWE S-92 helicopter.
“In the year of Era’s 70th anniversary, we are thrilled to enhance the safety and availability of our fleet with another Sikorsky product,” said Era Group President and CEO Chris Bradshaw. “The reliability of the S-92 provides the consistency our mission requires, and when minutes matter, Sikorsky’s world-class customer service provides the support we need.”
“Sikorsky and Era have partnered for more than 60 years, beginning with Era’s operation of the Sikorsky S-55 in 1956. Since then, Sikorsky has been honored to be a part of Era’s mission of providing safe, efficient and reliable transportation,” said Sikorsky President Dan Schultz. “We’ve had a rich history together, and with the delivery of this aircraft, we look forward to an even brighter future.”
The S-92 helicopter has become the industry’s standard. It leads the way in compliance with the latest U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and European airworthiness safety standards by meeting or exceeding oil and gas industry requirements. With more than 1.25 million fleet flight hours of service, the S-92 helicopter sets the standard for safety. These aircraft perform a variety of missions including offshore oil transportation, search and rescue, Head of State and airline missions.
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract
- Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 8 Conducts Change of Command
- Raytheon debuts portable V-22 virtual reality trainer
- Honeywell collaborates with autonomous control innovator Daedalean
- Hungary takes delivery of its first two H145Ms
- Life Link III to help launch new research academy
- US Helicopter Occupant Safety – FAA online toolkit
- MDFR Orders AW139
- Airbus signs Global Support Contract for Tiger
- Boston MedFlight will now carry life-saving blood products
- LADWP Launches Human External Cargo Program
- Lockheed Martin makes Australia/NZ helicopter appointment
- Airbus improves service request facility in Keycopter portal
- MD Helicopters receive fourth Afghan MD530F order
- Helijet appoints Director of Maintenance
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Inmarsat unveils new SwiftBroadband Helo X-Stream