Astronautics Corporation of America recently began testing the first engineering units of its new air-ground communications system (AGCS). AGCS is a secure connectivity solution that Astronautics is providing to Airbus Helicopters.
Astronautics’ AGCS will provide:
- Secure protection of critical avionics from non-authorized access through implementation of a modern cybersecurity framework
- Wireless access to operational and maintenance data on the ground and also in flight when connected to a satellite communication system
- Capability to send and receive data through a variety of communication channels
- Ability to store and retrieve hundreds of hours of operational data within the system.
“Our helicopter customers need and expect secure connectivity in flight and on the ground; and those expectations will continue to grow,” said Astronautics President Chad Cundiff.
“Astronautics designed AGCS to be a robust, all-inclusive connectivity solution that has the capability to expand. Moreover, with its hardware-partitioned access, AGCS provides secure avionics data to monitor aircraft health, along with multiple connectivity channels, and real-time weather, video, and data transmittal. The successful testing of AGCS engineering units validates the system’s innovative design and gives further evidence of our commitment to meeting our customer’s schedule,” Cundiff added.
An AGCS integration unit will be on Astronautics’ HAI HELI-EXPO 2018 stand along with an interactive demonstration tool highlighting the connectivity differentiators the system provides to both helicopter manufacturers and operators.
AGCS’ modular design is easily upgradeable and consists of an airborne communication server (AFS 6400), wireless connectivity module (AFS 6460), remote media device (AFS 6480), and ground-server software (GSS 6000), creating a complete air-to-ground, secure data transmission system.
To learn more about AGCS and its capabilities, visit Astronautics during the HAI HELI-EXPO on stand C5854.
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support