Kopter is proud to announce the signature of a firm contract for twelve units plus six options with Helitrans AS, one of Norway’s largest helicopter operators. This major contract further demonstrates the growing interest the SH09 is generating in the market. Helitrans AS is the last operator to complete our Launch Customer group. The Launch Customers will be key in the smooth introduction of the SH09 into various helicopter missions.
Helitrans AS was founded in 1990 and is built on a team of 60 experienced employees amongst which 25 full-time pilots. The company operates a fleet of 17 multipurpose helicopters on a nationwide scale out of 8 different bases. It is today one of the most dynamic operators in Scandinavia in the area of light helicopter and utility operations.
Richard Simonsen, Manager of Helitrans AS and Sales expert comments: “the unobstructed cabin and modern ergonomics of the SH09 will profit both our crew and most importantly our clients, while enabling us to aim for new markets and helicopter activities. The SH09 will perform perfectly in our environment. Together with Kopter Group, our technical teams will participate in the final stage of its development. We are looking forward to benefitting from the high performance of the helicopter but also to benefit from its lower cost of operations brought by modern technology and the right philosophy”.
Andreas Loewenstein, CEO of Kopter, adds: “We look forward to developing a long-term partnership with Helitrans AS and to strongly support their operations. With this order, Kopter reaches the key milestone of completing its Launch Customer portfolio. The teaming with most reputed helicopter operators for the operational introduction of our aircraft into multiple missions and environments will greatly benefit all future owners and operators of the SH09. This order equally allows to solidly increase our firm order book so as to ensure the production gear-up for the first 2-3 years.”
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019