LifePort, a Sikorsky company, announced today the delivery of cabin and cockpit floor armor for Columbia Helicopters’ model 234 aircraft (commercial equivalent to the Boeing CH-47). The armor is designed to protect crew members operating in hazardous environments. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT).
Through years of experience and customer collaboration, LifePort has incorporated an existing lightweight armor solution and delivered it on an aggressive schedule. The armor panels are encapsulated with LifePort’s LifeGard protective coating, providing enhanced durability to support cargo transport in the Columbia 234.
“Columbia Helicopters has a well-established business relationship with LifePort and has most recently taken delivery of a second set of LifePort Ballistic Protection Systems for our Columbia Model 234. As flight operations expand, we will continue to collaborate on additional systems for aircraft and spares. LifePort has been one of Columbia Helicopter’s highest performing suppliers with respect to turn time, quality, product performance, and has proven to be a valuable business partner in providing effective ballistic protection solutions with world class customer support,” said Christopher Hankland, Columbia Helicopters director of global supply chain.
“LifePort has developed a very special partnership with Columbia Helicopters, and this delivery is a great continuation of it,” said Noah Zuckerman, LifePort general manager. “This customer operates in a very demanding environment, and LifePort is honored to protect their crew as they do so. Our Ballistic Protection System has demonstrated stopping performance in the field, and is designed to facilitate both personnel and cargo transfer missions.”
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- VFS Announces Design-Build-Vertical Flight Student Competition
- Air Methods Lead Mechanic Honored by FAA
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Leonardo
- OC Helicopters Denies Any Responsibility For Kobe Bryant Crash
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport