LifePort, a Sikorsky company, announced today the delivery of cabin and cockpit floor armor for Columbia Helicopters’ model 234 aircraft (commercial equivalent to the Boeing CH-47). The armor is designed to protect crew members operating in hazardous environments. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT).
Through years of experience and customer collaboration, LifePort has incorporated an existing lightweight armor solution and delivered it on an aggressive schedule. The armor panels are encapsulated with LifePort’s LifeGard protective coating, providing enhanced durability to support cargo transport in the Columbia 234.
“Columbia Helicopters has a well-established business relationship with LifePort and has most recently taken delivery of a second set of LifePort Ballistic Protection Systems for our Columbia Model 234. As flight operations expand, we will continue to collaborate on additional systems for aircraft and spares. LifePort has been one of Columbia Helicopter’s highest performing suppliers with respect to turn time, quality, product performance, and has proven to be a valuable business partner in providing effective ballistic protection solutions with world class customer support,” said Christopher Hankland, Columbia Helicopters director of global supply chain.
“LifePort has developed a very special partnership with Columbia Helicopters, and this delivery is a great continuation of it,” said Noah Zuckerman, LifePort general manager. “This customer operates in a very demanding environment, and LifePort is honored to protect their crew as they do so. Our Ballistic Protection System has demonstrated stopping performance in the field, and is designed to facilitate both personnel and cargo transfer missions.”
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport