LifePort, a Sikorsky company, announced today the delivery of cabin and cockpit floor armor for Columbia Helicopters’ model 234 aircraft (commercial equivalent to the Boeing CH-47). The armor is designed to protect crew members operating in hazardous environments. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT).
Through years of experience and customer collaboration, LifePort has incorporated an existing lightweight armor solution and delivered it on an aggressive schedule. The armor panels are encapsulated with LifePort’s LifeGard protective coating, providing enhanced durability to support cargo transport in the Columbia 234.
“Columbia Helicopters has a well-established business relationship with LifePort and has most recently taken delivery of a second set of LifePort Ballistic Protection Systems for our Columbia Model 234. As flight operations expand, we will continue to collaborate on additional systems for aircraft and spares. LifePort has been one of Columbia Helicopter’s highest performing suppliers with respect to turn time, quality, product performance, and has proven to be a valuable business partner in providing effective ballistic protection solutions with world class customer support,” said Christopher Hankland, Columbia Helicopters director of global supply chain.
“LifePort has developed a very special partnership with Columbia Helicopters, and this delivery is a great continuation of it,” said Noah Zuckerman, LifePort general manager. “This customer operates in a very demanding environment, and LifePort is honored to protect their crew as they do so. Our Ballistic Protection System has demonstrated stopping performance in the field, and is designed to facilitate both personnel and cargo transfer missions.”
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Hamilton Sundstrand Awarded $17M Contract for Helicopter Flight Control Computers
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support