PAC International, a Metro Aviation company, will display the Cleveland Metro Life Flight Airbus EC145 at the Helicopter Association International HELI-EXPO February 26 – March 1 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The aircraft was originally completed by Metro Aviation, but recently underwent a routine refurbishment and upgrade at PAC’s completion center in Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania.
The aircraft interior components were completely refurbished to include reconditioning of the Metro EMS interior, upgraded TDFM9100 FM communication system and dual Garmin GTX330ES ADS-B certification. Other customizations included new exterior and interior paint, new windows, upgraded air conditioning system and an upgraded monitor mount to the Zoll-X series. The Outerlink IRIS flight tracking, monitoring and communication system was also installed on the EC145, giving the team an additional layer of oversight and safety.
“PAC International has customized and completed hundreds of helicopters with various mission profiles. With safety and FAA certification as our primary guide, we strive to provide the desired equipment and configuration that our customers require in their commitment to saving lives,” said Marty Blough, PAC Completions and Projects Manager. “Metro Life Flight is an operations customer of Metro Aviation, so it is always a special privilege to service an aircraft that will stay within the Metro family.”
Cleveland Metro Life Flight, an internationally recognized critical care air medical transport program, has been part of the Metro family since 2009 and was the first air medical program in its area. Life Flight operates three aircraft with an advanced medical crew consisting of flight nurses, advanced certified nurse practitioners and physicians. Life Flight celebrates 35 years of service this year.
PAC International’s capabilities include helicopter completion and customizations for Bell, Airbus, Agusta, Sikorsky, and MD Helicopters. They have established a reputation for providing state-of-the-art services in helicopter painting, custom interior fabrication, and avionics installations, and have a long history of providing customized medical interiors to meet the mission specific profile of their customers.
For more information and to view Metro Life Flight’s new aircraft, visit PAC International on the Metro Aviation Booth at HELI-EXPO, Booth N2207.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards