At HAI Heli-Expo, Safran Helicopter Engines is launching Expert link, a new video assistance service, and announcing the first customers: Heli Austria, Rotortech Services Inc and Heligo. This new service allows the customer to connect, through a secure, live video feed, with Safran Helicopter Engines experts to facilitate technical diagnosis or guide them through a maintenance task.
“With this new service, our mechanics will benefit from immediate visual support on our 19 aircrafts, without leaving the workshop” stated Roy Knaus, Heli Austria CEO. “It can be very useful to maximize our fleet availability in case of urgent troubleshooting but also to increase team expertise whilst benefiting from Safran experts best maintenance practices”.
Olivier Le Merrer, Safran Helicopter Engines EVP Support and Services commented: “We have launched five digital services since last year and this is the first mobile application we launch for helicopter operators. Together with our improved EngineLife® Customer Portal, we are providing our customers with an effective range of digital services for a closer support.”
Based on a proven video assistance application provided by Librestream, Expert link is available at two service levels. Essential, where Safran Helicopter Engines provides remote technical diagnosis and real-time interactive visual assistance. Premium adds hands-free support on scheduled tasks using borescopes or smart glasses. With this solution, customers also have the possibility to use the Expert link technology internally for training or direct video exchange.
Expert link features a secure datalink and is fully compatible with most smartphones, tablets, borescopes and smart glasses. It also features HD pictures recording, image drawing, file sharing, three-person call and webex connection.
Expert link is part of Safran’s EngineLife® Services, a range of solutions for helicopter engines.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software