At HAI Heli-Expo, Safran Helicopter Engines is launching Expert link, a new video assistance service, and announcing the first customers: Heli Austria, Rotortech Services Inc and Heligo. This new service allows the customer to connect, through a secure, live video feed, with Safran Helicopter Engines experts to facilitate technical diagnosis or guide them through a maintenance task.
“With this new service, our mechanics will benefit from immediate visual support on our 19 aircrafts, without leaving the workshop” stated Roy Knaus, Heli Austria CEO. “It can be very useful to maximize our fleet availability in case of urgent troubleshooting but also to increase team expertise whilst benefiting from Safran experts best maintenance practices”.
Olivier Le Merrer, Safran Helicopter Engines EVP Support and Services commented: “We have launched five digital services since last year and this is the first mobile application we launch for helicopter operators. Together with our improved EngineLife® Customer Portal, we are providing our customers with an effective range of digital services for a closer support.”
Based on a proven video assistance application provided by Librestream, Expert link is available at two service levels. Essential, where Safran Helicopter Engines provides remote technical diagnosis and real-time interactive visual assistance. Premium adds hands-free support on scheduled tasks using borescopes or smart glasses. With this solution, customers also have the possibility to use the Expert link technology internally for training or direct video exchange.
Expert link features a secure datalink and is fully compatible with most smartphones, tablets, borescopes and smart glasses. It also features HD pictures recording, image drawing, file sharing, three-person call and webex connection.
Expert link is part of Safran’s EngineLife® Services, a range of solutions for helicopter engines.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019