Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), today unveiled the latest version of its iPad flight calculator application for S-92® and S-76D™ helicopters. In addition to replicating common performance calculations and performing as weight-and-balance calculator, iFly Sikorsky v2.0 now connects to internet based weather data (METAR) and offers an entirely new graphical interface.
The iFly Sikorsky suite of applications was launched in 2014. As part of Sikorsky’s Electronic Flight Bag solutions, these applications provide operators readily accessible information in the cockpit and allow Sikorsky to push notifications to operators electronically. The iFly set of tools allows for preflight planning and performance predictions based on ambient conditions and aircraft configuration. It also includes standard information such as normal operating procedures, checklists, emergency procedures, aircraft supplements and other manuals.
“Sikorsky is focused on working with our customers to help improve the efficiency of their operations. This collaboration has resulted in tools such as the iFly suite, which is designed to provide both productivity and safety benefits,” said Simon Gharibian, Sikorsky’s director for fleet management, supportability and training. “Sikorsky continues to innovate and create new functionality to enhance pilot situational awareness and improve the safe operation of our helicopters.”
The newest version of iFly Sikorsky radically streamlines the workflow of preflight calculations and focuses on reducing and automating the number of discrete pilot actions required to conduct typical performance predictions. Location based weather data can instantly be incorporated into the calculation pages, as well as data directly from the aircraft sent via the optional pilot interface module. Innovative tools such as a two-stage climb calculator and multi-chart interpolation are carried over from the previous version, but with a simpler, user-influenced interface. All of these improvements result in a tool that is faster and more intuitive.
iFly Sikorsky 2.0 and Sikorsky’s NextGen HELOTRAC® Maintenance Management System are both available for demonstration at Sikorsky’s HAI Heli-Expo booth number: N5315. HELOTRAC is now more user-friendly and integrates with Sikorsky’s offerings such as Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals, maintenance planning, parts ordering and Health and Usage Monitoring. The improved system also offers additional fleet analytics and fleet management functionalities that can improve helicopter operators’ efficiency.
- “Before your flight” example of Airbus proactive support of global safety initiatives
- US Allied Forces Kick-off EOD Exercise HYDRACRAB
- HAI Applauds Utah Rotor Pathway Program Rollout
- Russia in the lead at the 3rd stage of the Helicopter World Cup
- Airbus delivers H145 to New Zealand EMS
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Bavaria’s air rescue is considered a leader
- Sikorsky S-92A™ Helicopter Certified For Expanded Brazil Operations
- Helibras and Airbus bring luxury and power to LABACE 2019
- Kopter participates in Zigermeet 2019
- CHC Safety and Quality Summit Announces Scholarship Program for Female Aviators for 2020
- Omni Táxi Aéreo awarded for most distant Offshore flight ever made in Brazil
- London Air Ambulance appeal receives £2million boost
- Garmin® to certify GFC 600H on the Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
- Airbus Helicopters Delivers 200th UH-72A Lakota
- ARCH Air Medical’s 40th Year of Dedication to the St. Louis Area
- VFS announces Student Design Winners
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit