Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), today unveiled the latest version of its iPad flight calculator application for S-92® and S-76D™ helicopters. In addition to replicating common performance calculations and performing as weight-and-balance calculator, iFly Sikorsky v2.0 now connects to internet based weather data (METAR) and offers an entirely new graphical interface.
The iFly Sikorsky suite of applications was launched in 2014. As part of Sikorsky’s Electronic Flight Bag solutions, these applications provide operators readily accessible information in the cockpit and allow Sikorsky to push notifications to operators electronically. The iFly set of tools allows for preflight planning and performance predictions based on ambient conditions and aircraft configuration. It also includes standard information such as normal operating procedures, checklists, emergency procedures, aircraft supplements and other manuals.
“Sikorsky is focused on working with our customers to help improve the efficiency of their operations. This collaboration has resulted in tools such as the iFly suite, which is designed to provide both productivity and safety benefits,” said Simon Gharibian, Sikorsky’s director for fleet management, supportability and training. “Sikorsky continues to innovate and create new functionality to enhance pilot situational awareness and improve the safe operation of our helicopters.”
The newest version of iFly Sikorsky radically streamlines the workflow of preflight calculations and focuses on reducing and automating the number of discrete pilot actions required to conduct typical performance predictions. Location based weather data can instantly be incorporated into the calculation pages, as well as data directly from the aircraft sent via the optional pilot interface module. Innovative tools such as a two-stage climb calculator and multi-chart interpolation are carried over from the previous version, but with a simpler, user-influenced interface. All of these improvements result in a tool that is faster and more intuitive.
iFly Sikorsky 2.0 and Sikorsky’s NextGen HELOTRAC® Maintenance Management System are both available for demonstration at Sikorsky’s HAI Heli-Expo booth number: N5315. HELOTRAC is now more user-friendly and integrates with Sikorsky’s offerings such as Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals, maintenance planning, parts ordering and Health and Usage Monitoring. The improved system also offers additional fleet analytics and fleet management functionalities that can improve helicopter operators’ efficiency.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020