Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), today unveiled the latest version of its iPad flight calculator application for S-92® and S-76D™ helicopters. In addition to replicating common performance calculations and performing as weight-and-balance calculator, iFly Sikorsky v2.0 now connects to internet based weather data (METAR) and offers an entirely new graphical interface.
The iFly Sikorsky suite of applications was launched in 2014. As part of Sikorsky’s Electronic Flight Bag solutions, these applications provide operators readily accessible information in the cockpit and allow Sikorsky to push notifications to operators electronically. The iFly set of tools allows for preflight planning and performance predictions based on ambient conditions and aircraft configuration. It also includes standard information such as normal operating procedures, checklists, emergency procedures, aircraft supplements and other manuals.
“Sikorsky is focused on working with our customers to help improve the efficiency of their operations. This collaboration has resulted in tools such as the iFly suite, which is designed to provide both productivity and safety benefits,” said Simon Gharibian, Sikorsky’s director for fleet management, supportability and training. “Sikorsky continues to innovate and create new functionality to enhance pilot situational awareness and improve the safe operation of our helicopters.”
The newest version of iFly Sikorsky radically streamlines the workflow of preflight calculations and focuses on reducing and automating the number of discrete pilot actions required to conduct typical performance predictions. Location based weather data can instantly be incorporated into the calculation pages, as well as data directly from the aircraft sent via the optional pilot interface module. Innovative tools such as a two-stage climb calculator and multi-chart interpolation are carried over from the previous version, but with a simpler, user-influenced interface. All of these improvements result in a tool that is faster and more intuitive.
iFly Sikorsky 2.0 and Sikorsky’s NextGen HELOTRAC® Maintenance Management System are both available for demonstration at Sikorsky’s HAI Heli-Expo booth number: N5315. HELOTRAC is now more user-friendly and integrates with Sikorsky’s offerings such as Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals, maintenance planning, parts ordering and Health and Usage Monitoring. The improved system also offers additional fleet analytics and fleet management functionalities that can improve helicopter operators’ efficiency.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet