ARGUS PROS, a subsidiary of ARGUS International, is pleased to announce it will host the Flight Safety Foundation BARS Auditor Accreditation Course in Denver March 19-21. The three-day course introduces participants to the elements of the Basic Aviation Risk Standard (BARS) Program.
The course requires a good level of knowledge and experience of aviation audits from its attendees, as it provides a working knowledge of the BARS Program and demonstrates the practices and principals that underpin it.
Some attendees are present as observers of the course, and are able to gain a deeper insight into the BARS Audit process.
“The BARS audit is an exceptional audit program that’s recognized throughout the world for its ability to help operators manage aviation risk, particularly within remote and challenging environments. As one of five companies throughout the world approved to conduct BARS audits, ARGUS PROS is very pleased to host this unique opportunity to train additional auditors,” said Patrick O’Flaherty, Director of Audit Programs, Business Aviation at ARGUS PROS.
“The Flight Safety Foundation and BARS Program succeed by means of collaboration with our industry participants. We are very grateful to be working with ARGUS International to present this course in Denver and also for the work ARGUS International undertakes in the BARS Program,” said David Anderson, Managing Director, BARS Program.
The objectives of the auditor accreditation course are as follows:
- Provide background to the BARS Program
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of the BARS Standard and BARS Implementation Guidelines
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of BARS auditing methodology
- Gain insight into the use and completion of audit checklists used during BARS audits
- Understand executive summary and report writing requirements in accordance with BARS Program policy
- Gain insight into the QC process followed by the BARS Program Office prior to publishing reports
- Gain an understanding of BARSoft, the software program used to record all audit activities
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee