Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that they have received an FAA STC SR02657LA for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the MD500 helicopter variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the Trakka A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU), Control Interface Unit (CIU) or Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via the CIU or TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes a Red and Amber filter with an option for an IR filter for government agency operations and interfaces for slaving the Trakka A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
Work was carried out in conjunction with Prince George’s County Police Department and The IPL Group. The installation utilizes the Meeker MD500/369 side mount allowing for easy or new retrofit equipment installations.
- Bell APT 70 Successfully Completes NASA’s Systems Integration and Operationalization Activity
- PHPA Becomes Southern California Rotorcraft Association
- WellSpan Health and Air Methods announces launch of WellFlight Air Ambulance
- Navicent Health Baldwin gets new helipad
- Schiebel and Nordic Unmanned Monitor Ship Emissions for EMSA
- EBAA Launches S.T.A.R.S Working Groups
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- VFS Announces Design-Build-Vertical Flight Student Competition
- Air Methods Lead Mechanic Honored by FAA
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Leonardo
- OC Helicopters Denies Any Responsibility For Kobe Bryant Crash
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020