Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that they have received an FAA STC SR02657LA for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the MD500 helicopter variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the Trakka A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU), Control Interface Unit (CIU) or Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via the CIU or TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes a Red and Amber filter with an option for an IR filter for government agency operations and interfaces for slaving the Trakka A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
Work was carried out in conjunction with Prince George’s County Police Department and The IPL Group. The installation utilizes the Meeker MD500/369 side mount allowing for easy or new retrofit equipment installations.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019