Trakka Systems is pleased to announce that they have received an FAA STC SR02657LA for the installation of the A800 searchlight onto the MD500 helicopter variants.
The Certification covers the integration of the Trakka A800 searchlight, Pilot Control Interface Unit (PCIU), Control Interface Unit (CIU) or Trakka Control Panel (TCP). The pilot or co-pilot can control the A800 via the CIU or TCP interfaced with the existing four-way switches on the helicopter’s collective control or via a pistol grip that can be operated by a crewman. The certification also includes a Red and Amber filter with an option for an IR filter for government agency operations and interfaces for slaving the Trakka A800 system to a variety of EO camera systems.
Work was carried out in conjunction with Prince George’s County Police Department and The IPL Group. The installation utilizes the Meeker MD500/369 side mount allowing for easy or new retrofit equipment installations.
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Duke Energy picks GPMS Foresight HUMS
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers