Aircraft engine building is one of the most innovative and complex areas of helicopter industry and aerospace in general. New aircraft engines tech R&D can sometimes be a stimulus for general technologies progress. Considering this, the HeliRussia 2018 expo to turn special attention to helicopter engines.
The business program of the expo will be featuring a new event – a conference named “Engine building for helicopters: today and tomorrow” on May 25. This event is organized by the Association of the Aero-engines Manufacturers (AAEM) and supported by national aviation magazine “Homeland’s Wings”. Moderator of the conference is the AAEM President, Professor, Dr. Victor Chuyko.
In recent years, Russian aviation industry has been actively developing helicopter engine development and production. For example, the Ufa Engine Industrial Association (part of United Engine Corporation) is increasing production of the VK-2500 type engines in Russia, installed on most of Mil and Kamov helicopters. UEC-Klimov is working on modernization and new turboshaft engines development. Technodinamika, Ural Civil Aviation Plant and Aerosila have announced their own new generation helicopter power plants development. The conference will discuss these topics as well as general questions, current and possible future state of affairs.
All these companies are regular participants of HeliRussia, where they annually showcasing their developments, introducing news and achievements. A number of other companies involved in R&D, production and MRO of helicopter engines are participating in the expo – including Borisfen, H+S Aviation, Lom Praha, PBS Velká Bíteš, ITP Aero and Safran Helicopter Engines.
With all the main regional companies involved in helicopter engine production and operation onboard, HeliRussia 2018 allows to learn more about current and future projects in this field.
The expo will be held in Moscow in the Crocus Expo IEC from May 24 to 26, 2018.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019