Midlands Air Ambulance Charity will be operational from Cheltenham Racecourse during Cheltenham Festival between 13th and 16th March. The organisation’s H135 air ambulance will be situated on the infield during the four-day event.
This is the first time an air ambulance will be located at The Festival and is part of the charity’s ongoing partnership with Cheltenham Racecourse and The Jockey Club.
Jason Levy, fundraising and marketing director for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, said: “As an emergency pre-hospital service, we take the welfare of jockeys and horse riders very seriously, and on average airlift a horse rider every four days. The Jockey Club and Cheltenham Racecourse have been terrific supporters for a number of years, and we are very proud of our affiliation with the equestrian community.
“The fact we will be operational from The Cheltenham Festival this year is testament to this relationship, and represents an excellent opportunity to showcase what we do to the Festival goers.”
On behalf of The Jockey Club, Simon Claisse, said: “I am delighted that once again we are to work with the Midlands Air Ambulance during this year’s Festival. The service they provide both to us and the wider equestrian community is second to none and to have a dedicated helicopter position on site over the four days ensures, when necessary, that a patient can be transferred to a trauma hospital without delay.”
In addition to the helicopter being present at The Festival, the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity team will be situated by the North Entrance. There will be a helicopter simulator pod, giving visitors the chance to fly the aircraft, merchandise for sale and the charity’s exhibition unit demonstrating the vital work of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet