Midlands Air Ambulance Charity will be operational from Cheltenham Racecourse during Cheltenham Festival between 13th and 16th March. The organisation’s H135 air ambulance will be situated on the infield during the four-day event.
This is the first time an air ambulance will be located at The Festival and is part of the charity’s ongoing partnership with Cheltenham Racecourse and The Jockey Club.
Jason Levy, fundraising and marketing director for Midlands Air Ambulance Charity, said: “As an emergency pre-hospital service, we take the welfare of jockeys and horse riders very seriously, and on average airlift a horse rider every four days. The Jockey Club and Cheltenham Racecourse have been terrific supporters for a number of years, and we are very proud of our affiliation with the equestrian community.
“The fact we will be operational from The Cheltenham Festival this year is testament to this relationship, and represents an excellent opportunity to showcase what we do to the Festival goers.”
On behalf of The Jockey Club, Simon Claisse, said: “I am delighted that once again we are to work with the Midlands Air Ambulance during this year’s Festival. The service they provide both to us and the wider equestrian community is second to none and to have a dedicated helicopter position on site over the four days ensures, when necessary, that a patient can be transferred to a trauma hospital without delay.”
In addition to the helicopter being present at The Festival, the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity team will be situated by the North Entrance. There will be a helicopter simulator pod, giving visitors the chance to fly the aircraft, merchandise for sale and the charity’s exhibition unit demonstrating the vital work of Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
- Malaysian Fire Dept starts AW189 operations
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Russian Helicopters’ Service Center opens in Peru
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Simplex Announces New STC
- Armenian Helicopters LLC to bring in another passenger helicopter
- Asian Sky Group appoints Rotary Program Sales Manager
- NYPD Unveils New UAS Program
- Kaman Receives Additional K-MAX®Order
- CPI Aero CEO appointed to AIA board
- Helicopter Society of Nepal inaugurated
- Three new helicopter companies nearing to receive AOC
- Helicopter operations to be separated from Uzbekistan Airways
- Bristow donates classrooms to Nigeria Immigration Training School
- CSIO Develops new Helicopter Visual Landing Systems
- Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust appoints new Chief Executive
- Cayman Islands Police orders Airbus H145
- L-3 Communications awarded $22M Contract for TH-57 Contractor Logistics Services
- Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing buys Waypoint for $650 Million
- Russian Helicopters to certify a service center in Egypt in 2019