A fleet of Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) were commissioned by MDA, a Maxar Technologies company, to fulfill a contract with an international customer.
Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 UAS was chosen by MDA for its impressive track record of providing critical support in sea- and land-based intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) missions. As a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft, the S-100 has a relatively small logistical footprint, which allows for flexible and rapid deployment. By day and night, the UAS functions as a platform capable of carrying a wide range of high-end payloads.
With its successful history of conducting surveillance in challenging, complex and hostile environments, MDA offers a turnkey service to an unnamed international customer. Such will include responsibility for the acquisition of the fleet and its required infrastructure, training, airworthiness, logistics, supply chain management, maintenance and all flight operations.
“We are honored that MDA has chosen our best-in-class CAMCOPTER® S-100 to fulfill the requirements of this prestigious contract,” said Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group. “We are excited about this partnership and look forward to the opportunity to once again demonstrate the proven capabilities of the S-100 and its unique suitability for ISR missions.”
- 15-Dec-18 Leonardo AW109S Serra de Pias, Portugal (4F)
- Canada holds Sea King retirement event
- Plan to Implement HTAWS Safety Enhancements
- TSB Canada supports new fatigue regulations
- Polish Air Force Adds Robinson R44s To Fleet
- ADAC testing manned multicopters in EMS role
- Aspen Avionics’ Evolution E5 Receives STC
- DART gets TCCA, FAA and EASA approvals
- Ornge AW139s to receive new stretcher system
- MoCTCA directs CAAN to ban helicopter operations at ABC area
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Awarded $18M Contract for V-22 Analysis
- New contract between NHIndustries and the NATO Agency NAHEMA
- Metro unveils H125 configuration for Argentine state of Mendoza
- LUH Clears 6 KMs Altitude Flight
- Heli-One and China Southern Airlines Sign Letter of Intent
- Widow sues Sikorsky over 2017 Black Hawk accident
- Rotorua Residents Create New Trust
- Sikorsky Awarded $38M Contract for CH-53K Parts Database
- Lithuanian Air Force renews AS365N3+ HCare Infinite contract
- Helicopter tactics high on EDA agenda with symposium in Austria and course in Sweden