A fleet of Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 Unmanned Air Systems (UAS) were commissioned by MDA, a Maxar Technologies company, to fulfill a contract with an international customer.
Schiebel’s CAMCOPTER® S-100 UAS was chosen by MDA for its impressive track record of providing critical support in sea- and land-based intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) missions. As a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) aircraft, the S-100 has a relatively small logistical footprint, which allows for flexible and rapid deployment. By day and night, the UAS functions as a platform capable of carrying a wide range of high-end payloads.
With its successful history of conducting surveillance in challenging, complex and hostile environments, MDA offers a turnkey service to an unnamed international customer. Such will include responsibility for the acquisition of the fleet and its required infrastructure, training, airworthiness, logistics, supply chain management, maintenance and all flight operations.
“We are honored that MDA has chosen our best-in-class CAMCOPTER® S-100 to fulfill the requirements of this prestigious contract,” said Hans Georg Schiebel, Chairman of the Schiebel Group. “We are excited about this partnership and look forward to the opportunity to once again demonstrate the proven capabilities of the S-100 and its unique suitability for ISR missions.”
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year