Naval Special Warfare forces and the U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command conducted interoperability training with French amphibious assault ship LHD Tonnerre (L9014) and USNS John Lenthall (T-AO 189) in the Arabian Gulf, Feb. 6.
This was the first mission for a French Mistral class LHD as a platform for U.S. special operations. The training consisted of visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS) rehearsals intended to enhance maritime interoperability between international partners and U.S. military assets in the region.
“Training together to improve our amphibious actions is essential,” said French Capt. Nicolas Vaujour, commander of France’s amphibious task group. “Exercises such as this one best prepare us for a bilateral or multilateral response to a contingency operation.”
The special operations teams launched MH-60 helicopters and combatant craft assault boats during a multidimensional VBSS rehearsal on a simulated vessel of interest. The exercise demonstrated Tonnerre Amphibious Task Group’s ability to command a control a complex helicopter and seaborne mission to interdict a vessel of interest.
TF 51/5 embarked approximately 150 U.S. Sailors and Marines aboard Tonnerre in November 2017 to conduct amphibious operations in the region. This was the sixth multilateral training evolution Tonnerre participated in during its deployment in the U.S. 5th Fleet area of operations.
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom
- NEMSPA/USHST Joint IFR Helicopter Pilot Survey
- NHRMC Stations AirLink Aircraft at Medical Center
- CHC wins planning approval for Aberdeen facility upgrade
- Profile – Kathryn Purwin of Helinet
- DRF Luftrettung opens 10th night flight station
- Austin Peay introduces first helicopter in its rotor-wing fleet
- East Anglian Air Ambulance flies 25,000th mission
- EASA certifies Bell 206 TT straps from Lord Corporation
- NHV awarded new contract with Ørsted
- RUAG to upgrade eight Swiss Cougars
- JetNet to exhibit at NBAA Schedulers & Dispatchers Conference
- Lobo Leasing appoints Chief Technical Officer
- Indonesian Air Force places order for eight additional H225Ms
- 14-Jan-19 PP-ECF Airbus AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1F)
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Flight Instructor of the Year
- HAI Announces 2019 Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award
- HAI Announces 2019 Salute to Excellence Pilot of the Year
- 11-Jan-19 N346AE Airbus AS350B2 Ponca City, US-Oklahoma
- Busiest year ever for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance